MaxSez: Giveme!, Giveme! Giveme! Reality!

Would you have a picture of that 777? I’d love to see it in the IF engine.

@Maxmustang, I agree, we need a rework of alot of the planes. I note people who voted for the CRJ in the poll used the “It’s more important to rework old than get new” line, but will conveniently forgot they said that when the rework options are the super D, F18, 172 or the Spit

1 Like

@Brianj2859… MaxSez: Thanks for the comment Brian. Am sure FDS Dev’s are in this for more than the money. I’ve watch this platform blossom since it’s inception. Believe the Dev, Staff and Volunteers care more for the community than the gold. Just Sayin.

4 Likes

@Aussie_Cockatoo… MaxSez: Want landing smoke open a old smoke Topic from the archive, if there all closed generate a new one, I’ll give ya a vote.

1 Like

Here you go, I made this one.

1 Like

I am sort of on Max’s side for this one… he makes a very valid point. Also working cockpit instruments and gauges would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Your right, thats excatly the point.

2 Likes

Thank you Max! I can’t agree with you enough on this point. Where is the reality? With the technological advances that have been made in mobile computing in the last few years, the old argument of being limited by what the device is capable of is slowly loosing credibility. I mean come on, if my primary doctor and my surgeon can use an iPad and a robot to perform surgery on a human being that was otherwise impossible or extremely difficult at best, then surely there is a way to render a handful of aircraft for the mobile platform that can actually function and perform the way they should, gauges and all.

Please understand that I’m in no way saying that FDS has done a poor job. I think they have done a stellar job to this point and with the teasers from the global release, we can all see the fruits of their labor. So while it is awesome that we will be able to cross the oceans and fly the great circle, I think that it is high time that the focus shift from giving us more things to giving us better things. To me, the biggest difference between a simulator and a game, is the attention to details. Or, maybe it’s just that we are too old Max and remember a time when things were really quality over quantity. Now, we live in a “throw away” world that has to cater to an entitled generation where everything is just built for the sake of calming the handful of angry villagers rather than built to last for the greater good of us all. Just my two pennies.

4 Likes

I’d love to have a working G1000 NXi in the SR22

I know what you mean. I would love to see better physic changes before new aircraft

2 Likes

@Chris_Ridgell… MaxSez: A perfect encapsulation of the quantity over quality direction a few of us have noticed over time. Like you our opinion pieces are not meant to debase the fine work, dedication and customer satisfaction we have all come to expect from FDS over the years. As far as I’m concern the Global decision was premature and had a negative impact on the infrastructure build out and airframe reworks. No big deal, market forces have had there impact. The IF/FDS Universe will endure warts and all.

3 Likes

Let me just contribute something here as well :
Imagine this sim in 2020. New features are getting developed all over, global is in place and noone remembers the old regions and textures. There are several new aircraft etc etc. However there is one point still missing that max was mentioning already : The development of new features and aircraft is nice and necessary to stay competitive, however flying these outdated models is a pain. There is no versatility in the servers. All you basically see is heavies, 777s and 787s and some A320s. Why ? Because other aircraft just dont live up to them. Its basically always the same. Ill make a quick list on which aircraft for me are viable to fly, and which are a pain / dont handle right / how to fix them :

• Flyable : 320 family, 717, 737 family, 747 family, 777 family, 787 family, CRJ200 , Dash, CCX, SR22 and some jets
  • Rarer used and reason :
    A10 : Obvious
    330 : Nose down cruise
    340 : Nose down cruise, lacks details ( doesnt even have gear box )
    380 : Graphically outdated
    757 : Bad cockpit graphics, nose down cruise, weird rotation physics
    767 : Bad cockpit graphics, Nose down cruise, weird rotation physics
    C17 : Just completely outdated model
    ERJs : graphically outdated, for some reason just not attractive to fly, maybe due to lack of liveries
    F/18 : Pure pain graphic wise
    C130s : Wasnt the announced GA aircraft people were looking for, extremely rarely seen
    P38, Spit and Decathlon : Just to troll around basically, you cant really use them due to the low quality terrain, since you cant “explore” the landscope with em.

So basically, what I would suggest, is getting the hands on the 330, its heavily requested, the 340 as well and in the same tune work on the nose down behavior of the 757 and 767. No additional liveries, just update the minor mistakes. Add some up to date cockpits and these aircraft are back in the business. Add some minor wingflex, even doe thats harder. Maybe even the 380 deserves to get hands on, on the other hands its not an option to have 15 A380s lined up on the taxi way as well. So, thats what I think about the existing aircraft.
For further additional aircraft, I highly suggest adding powerful piston aircraft. Aircraft with a high service ceiling, high airspeed and good performance. Aircraft like the Evolution Turbine for example. Or a King Air.

7 Likes

I don’t have an image of it, but I remember seeing it on an Instagram account.

I mean, if they are going to fix some aspects of the plane, they might as well fix all of them, right?

@Overspeed. MaxSez: Excellent insight, you obviously a trash hauler kind a guy. You short shifted the D & Spit, Pilots airplanes that make Aviators out of Sports Pilots and Bus Drivers. Your support of a few piston powered craft with evolutionary turbines and a twin reciprocated or two are spot on. I’m not a Beech fan so the King Air is not a favorite but majority rules. Thanks for the input and what I take as support for the theme of this screed. GA all the way! Warm Regards Pilot.

4 Likes

Speaking of people only using heavies… this was taken now on expert in Singapore

There were more behind, except I don’t have my render distance all the way up.
Edit: I am also guilty of using a heavy…

3 Likes

I see my plane in that picture

1 Like

MaxSez: Proves a point @Moosehead08 don’t it. Members would rather suck thu the air than screw thu it. Rather a “Liberal” bunch those Trash Haulers me thinks, LOL…

4 Likes

I know the lines probably read and sound like it, however these items listed were basically my kind of wishes for the exisiting aircraft to make them competitive again against the classic heavies. I am pretty open minded towards most aircraft updates, indeed I need to heavily agree on the fact that if no GA aircraft(s) will be added, the not existing diversity will annoy many many members and users of this brilliant flight simulator.

1 Like

@Overspeed. MaxSez: We’re singing from the same sheet of music obviously but with different music. Should have picked up on your King Air mention which garnered you rave reviews when you posted it in features awhile ago.
Appreciate time and effort spent on your Flyable/Rarer Review. Excellent critique, Spot On! “Do Good Work”!

1 Like