MaxLiberyCallRouting (A Series): MCAS Fatima, Okinawa - Taipei International, ROC

MaxSez: If you Dad or Grandad was a GI in the Orient back in the day they’ll probably know these R&R air routes. This route starts in the Okinawa Prefecturate of Japan, launching from MCAS
Fatima (ROTM) or Kadens, AFB (RODN) and recovering at Taipei International , RC (RCTP). This is a great C-130 overwater route which bisects the Okinawa Prefecture which is the southernmost prefecture (state) of Japan. It comprises hundreds of the Ryukyu Islands in a chain over 1,000 kilometres (620 mi) long. The Ryukyus extend southwest from Kyushu to The Republic of China (Taiwan). (Okinawa is called the Keystone of the Pacific. The site of a major battle during WWII. It’s still a US Military Bastion and was a Territory of the US until the 70’s
(No fuel problems on this route, You could fly a GA, lotta little remote island fields en route, Here’s your routing;

Start: ROTM or RODN TUCOF AVOLA KAMPU APU40 TPO52 TP234 IT100 RCTP -END
6DA1B92F-0942-408C-B645-949877E56C94

(Fly Smart, Pre-Flight and double check Fuel. (Remember the C-130 H/J can cruise on 2 Engines)
(Future Liberty Ports; Subic Bay, PI- Osan AFB, SK- Soul, SK- Danang, VN - Diego Garcia, UK Indian Ocean Territory and more)

11 Likes

i will try this, if my iPad decided to like me for a few hours

3 Likes

Thank you max! I’ll try it sometime!

2 Likes

Wow, this is a pretty neat historical thing! Shame we have none of the warbirds here in IF.

3 Likes

This is awesome Max. I think USCG-IF may give this a try :)

2 Likes

@Kevin_Potthast. MaxSez: “No. Warbirds”, Step forward in timer Kevin there are airwings of C130’s & F/A-18’s from our inventory flocking around the Keystone of the Pacific. The Airforce, Navy and Marines have scads of 130’s in the region. There are 2 Carrier Battle Groups w/2 F/A-18 CAG’s embarked off Korea plus a MAW of 18 in Iwakuni, JP… Use a bit of imagination and set up an
F/A-18 Alfa Strike on Rocketman, tank’en with 130’s. Regards

2 Likes

I don’t care for the F18 we have in IF. Will definitely mess around with the Falc of Tommy.

I actually tried to fly from Taipei to Naha a few days ago but my A321 glitched out and nearly crashed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.