MaxFledlingFacts: RW “Stall Recover” Done Right!

MaxSez: Had to chuckle when I read the responses to an earlier Closed stall recovery Topic today. Heres the by the book way repeated here from an archived Topic. The earlier author failed to search the archive it was a Dup and most of the responses where bogus;

“Aircraft, lose lift or any of the other aerodymactic factor that keeps them aloft and they “Stall”, a Master Warning Horn will activate in IF if your behind the craft and in a Stall by then. A Stall is simply characterized by a sudden loss of control, a fall off on one wing and may be followed by an uncontrolled Spin. Primarily a stall occurrs due to a loss of energy or its induced by dynamic forces outside the control of the PF like low/high speed maneuvering or lack of proficiency. Most stalls even those with a spin are recoverable if you have the height and practiced proficiency to recover and proceed en-route in any profile. Stall Recovery is a basic procedure taught to ever Student Pilot, and they must Demonstrate Stall Recovery to move on to their solo and final check ride.

“PARE” is the nemonic (memory aid) all aviators should be familure with, it’s the step by step stall/Spin recovery procedure we all should be familure with. Here’s how to recover from a Stall/Spin:

STALL; P= Power to Idle, A= Ailerons to Neutral (Flaps up), R= Rudder, Full opposite to the Spin Direction, Elivator Neutral. (When Spin is present: When all rotation (spin) Stops move the Rudder to Neutral, Elivator,). POWER, EZ pull till Streight & Level, proceed on course.
Practice this procedure in a remote area often, fly streight and level. Cut/chop the throttle wait for it, in a light aircraft like a 172 it may take 30+ second to bleed of enough energy to stall! in a fast mover or a heavy Trash Hauler it may be instantainious. Practice makes perfect. Learn this procedure it’s a bacon saver. Good Luck.

8 Likes

I’m surprised I didn’t need the MaxTranslator for this, but I think I should go give it a couple tries!

7 Likes

And I think I know who the owner is…

Me.

@YOUNGBLOOD_428. You own the Topic Sir, not the responses. Great Question, Regards, Max

1 Like

Awesome way to put the warning! Overall, this is a great topic on what stall really is and what are the possibilities of recovering from a stall! Good topic

1 Like

Yea, nothing you could really do, I don’t think I can stay here long if all this keeps up.

1 Like

May I add that a good pilot knows when his airplane is stalling and a great pilot knows when it’s stalling and how to recover in a timely manner with minimum altitude lost.

2 Likes

That’s pretty selfish of you to say that…😯🤦🏻‍♂️

I think when there is a stall there should be air horns on the outside of the plane, to warn people on the ground so you don’t blindly get hit by a plane ;)

2 Likes

Apolgolies if it was offensive, I’m just rattled to the fact how much of a bumpy ride it was.

@Thomas_Galvin. MaxSez.: At my age I thought I heard them all. This is a new one. I’ll have to pass this along to my Hanger Crowd. Oh my, Ok if I attribute? Regards

3 Likes

Yeah that would be fine hahahaha

1 Like

Don’t worry, I take offense to everything.

Lets not turn this topic into another like yours @YOUNGBLOOD_428

Agreed. Things are still rough. Recommend if you or anyone wants to talk to me, PM please. I’m not risking more reports.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.