MaxFacts: SUPER MOON TONIGHT

MaxSez: The last full moon of 2017 is going to appear a little bigger and brighter than most in the Northern Hemisphere tonight, Dec. 3, 2017. The evening will bring a supermoon, meaning a full moon that happens at perigee ― the same time in the lunar cycle that the moon is closest to the earth. (A new moon at perigee is also sometimes called a supermoon, but those aren’t visible from Earth.) On this particular occasion, the moon will appear 7 percent larger and 16 percent brighter than usual. Not only will this be the only full supermoon of 2017, it’s also going to kick off a series of three full supermoons in a row. The full moons on Jan. 2 and Jan. 31 not only will be super moons, they’ll be blue super moons — a “blue moon” meaning the second full moon in a single month. (Pls consider adding your photo of these Super Moons with your physical location & Type, actual or IF, to this Topic at your pleasure.) **Will these Super Moons appear in the IF Sky?**Thanks & Regards All

21 Likes

Great insight!! Thanks Max

1 Like

So anywhere in the northern hemisphere there will be a giant moon!?
Like this…

That was taken in Geneva. I’ll try taking one in real life there tonight.

8 Likes

Two hours ago, between Japan and S.Korea, Nikon B700

17 Likes

The moon after a bit of photoshopping!

7 Likes

@OJFam. MaxSez: LOCATION PLS. Thanks

1 Like

@Maxmustang runway 22R at my home airport of KJFK.

1 Like

Won’t the super moon of January 31st be a lunar eclipse to some? That’s what I read. Should be great to see.

3 Likes

Will supermoon in IF available on Solo mode?

1 Like

That can’t be in IF. It looks perfect

1 Like

It wasn’t personal camera

1 Like

@Spencer_Chapman… Interesting. If you have access to a Lunar Grafic for Jan31 depicting partial eclipse regional coverage pls post here. Thanks, Max

2 Likes

Unless you can use a Nikon in IF.

2 Likes

Oh well. Just figured it were IF related, since it otherwise would be completely unrelated.

3 Likes

@ouzi…MaxSez: the answer to your question will I’ll be revield tonight. Open Solo mode after moon rise tonight and compare, I will. Don’t forget to take a pic of tonites natural view and post it here by location. Regards

3 Likes

Ok, Sure . I’ll Do it

1 Like

And this are mine… From KEGE, Denver

No edits 😂

5 Likes

I’ve tried to take a photo in real life to compare, unfortunately my camera is uncharged.
But the moon looks amazing just like in infinite flight!

1 Like

Screenshot_20171203-101403

13 Likes

Nothing here in Southern Africa.

3 Likes