MaxFacts: Salute! Cinco de Mayo Greetings (Saludos camaradas. Hoy es el cinco de mayo!‘)

Saludos camaradas. Hoy es el cinco de mayo!
¡Les deseo a ustedes y a los suyos alegría en esta ocasión festiva!
Saludo, Maximus envía

Translation:
Greetings Comrades. Today is Cinco de Mayo!
I wish you and yours joy on this festive occasion!
Salute, Maximus Sends

FYI: In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has taken on a significance beyond that in Mexico. More popularly celebrated in the United States than Mexico, the date has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-Americanculture. These celebrations began in California, where they have been observed annually since 1863. The day gained nationwide popularity in the 1980s thanks especially to advertising campaigns by beer and wine companies. Today, Cinco de Mayo generates beer sales on par with the Super Bowl.

In Mexico, the commemoration of the battle continues to be mostly ceremonial, such as through military parades or battle reenactments. The city of Pueblamarks the event with an arts festival, a festival of local cuisine, and re-enactments of the battle.

28 Likes

Salutations Max, Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Hope you are well!

1 Like

Thank you Max! Happy Cinco De Mayo to you also!

1 Like

Feliz 5 de Mayo Max!

Espero que tú también tengas un buen día con los tuyos!

3 Likes

Feliz cinco de Mayo.

Ojala que esté bien y tenga un buen día durante esta cuarentena 🙂

2 Likes

I imagine that all the parades will be streamed at home! We did that with one of our events in the UK the other day!

2 Likes

Happy Cinco De Mayo Max! What better way to celebrate than not see a single soul other than your family 😂 getting tired of my family… Joking

2 Likes

A mi amigo Max,

Feliz cinco de mayo! ¡Coma una deliciosa comida mexicana hoy!

1 Like

Gracias, @Maxmustang, Igualmente para ti hermano!
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Que la cuarentena no te detenga de preparar unos tacos, haha.

Espero que tu y tu familia esten bien, happy day.

1 Like

Gracias, @Maxmustang . Cinco de Mayo happens to be on Taco Tuesday haha.

1 Like

@ThomasThePro. MaxSez:

“Taco” … ¡qué vergüenza! "

Adios, Maximus

MaxSez: @DeerCrusher Drunk Friend celebrating “Cinco”…
LOl, Max

8 Likes

Reminds me of the cat from the movie Shrek

9 Likes

Please refer to him by his name, look how sad you made him!

2 Likes

This guy?

1 Like

My Hispanic neighbors about to crank it up tonight with some music with tons of corona and tequila. Ironic how Americans celebrate even more than Mexico when it’s about Mexico defeating the U.S at the Alamo

@Pilot_urp. MaxSez: Ask your friends at the party about the battle of San Jacinto! Katie bar the door!
Max

The **Battle of San Jacinto: (Batalla de San Jacinto ), fought on April 21, 1836, in present-day [Harris County, Texas was the decisive battle Led by General Sam Houston the Texian Army engaged and defeated General Antonio López de Santa Anna army in a fight that lasted just “18 minutes.” A detailed, first-hand account of the battle was written by General Houston from the headquarters of the Texian Army, San Jacinto, on April 25, 1836. (Read the Book)

1 Like

¡Hola Max! Cómo estás hoy? Estoy a punto de irme y disfrutar algo de comida mexicana para el almuerzo. ¡Que tengas un gran día!

My bio parents met on this day.

1 Like

I expect better from you @Maxmustang. A simple copy and paste from a two-bit conservation website just doesn’t cut it…

1 Like