MaxFacts, Plannning a Global Go? Here's the 10 Most Dangerous Approaches in the World (Video)

MaxSez; These Field are one videografers opinion. Honk Kong’s Kai Tak has closed . (Will be included in Global by popular demand per @Chris Airport Tm Member). . St. Marteen is in RW disrepair for now! (still in the IF inventory as operational). “Trust but verify”!

21 Likes

Kai teck will be in global btw @Maxmustang

2 Likes

I think he meant Kai tech has closed in real life. Not IF

3 Likes

Wow thank you for this! I will definitely be trying to land and takeoff at these airports.

1 Like

@Cpt_Chris @Aussie_Wombat… Thanks, corrected. Regards, Max

3 Likes

“Top 10 busiest airports in global TS1!”

13 Likes

Great video! But I have a question, how is TNCM a dangerous airport? It has a short runway and stuff… but many other airports have short runways and are not dangerous at all.

I’d say the approach right over a heavily populated beach would be the reason.

1 Like

That’s dangerous for the tourists, not for the pilot, passengers or people at the airport.

True enough, but that’s all I would think as far as a likely reason for it to be listed.

This would be fun on solo mode if I need to practice. If I attempt these landings on live I might embarrass myself

I guess… that’s why top 10s might be fun and all, but not always reliable or accurate.
It’s still fun, I mean I had no idea about that French airport in the Alps, for example.

1 Like

Hey Mad Max, what’s your favorite of the approaches listed in this video? For me it is Kai Tak.
@Maxmustang

@masonh2479. MaxSez: Lov that Checker Board into HK… I’m with @nicochile2, I’d like to do that roller coaster in the the FR Alps. While we wait for Global try 17-CL (Los Traucas) in SanFran for a 1400’ rway, Over water/Cliff side Approach. Ya need the right stuff on a windy day! Regards my friends

1 Like

Wilco Max, I’ll give it a try in single player with winds to the max, I’ll put on a show for the pax in back!

1 Like

I think I have what it takes!

1 Like

7000’ runway @ sea level…not really short. However it’s very dangerous for the people hanging onto the fence 😏

2 Likes

I just flew into Paro Airport yesterday and it was easily the greatestexperience so far! This should be on that top 10 list. Definitely recommend. 🙂

6B5EE6B4-7D02-4BB8-A281-03BC6D2DC03A

8 Likes

The approach for 33 is actually rather boring compared to the 15 instrument/visual approach.
You should try the other side if you want 200<° degree turns in narrow valleys and s-turn combinations on short final.
Absolutely magnificent, already tried it myself with the new imagery 😌

2 Likes

Its kai tak lol not kai teck.