MaxFacts: Planning a Global Super Go, Here's 10 of the Longest Civil RWays in the World! (video)

MaxSez: Gonna Fly a Super in Global. Try these 10,000’+ RWays.
(Suggest Bookmark)

14 Likes

Can you list the 10 longest (as a lot of people (including myself) are not going to watch the video) :)

4 Likes

I predict slow, very slow takeoffs on those runways in global😂.

4 Likes

@SouthwestFan. MaxSez: What about Edwards would you like to know other than it’s Resrtricted to Civil traffic except for declared emergencies and by permission?

I don’t think it’s a civil/commercial airport.

1 Like

Whoops. My bad. Sorry!

1 Like

Thanks for the video, Max. Runway length can be misleading sometimes because of airport elevation, such as Denver International Airport (which is mentioned in the video), which needs to have longer runways because of the elevation. Always something to consider, because an a380, which already needs a lot of length, would need even more at that elevation.

3 Likes

Interesting post btw!

1 Like

Nice post! I’ll try going round these one day!

1 Like

No surprise to find long runways at hot and high airports such as Doha or Denver because aircraft need a longer runway in that condition due to low atmospheric pressure.

3 Likes

When the Doha and Denver runways were being built the airport owners were probably like.

“its well over safe limits for this elevation but we have all this money so lets make it longer”

“good idea”

2 Likes

10 - Erbil International airport > 15,748ft
9 - Madrid- Torrejon airport > 15,807ft
8 - Hamad International airport > 15,912ft
7 - Denver International airport > 16,001ft
6 - Upington airport > 16,076ft
5 - Embraer Unidade Gaviao Peixoto airport > 16,404ft
4 - Shigtase Peace airport > 16,404ft
3 - Ulynovsk Vostochny airport > 16,404ft ( yes again )
2 - Ramenskoye airport > 17,723ft
1 - Qamdo Bamda airport > 18,045ft

voila, voila

7 Likes

Who knew most massive runways on earth were not major international airports, servicing aircraft like the A380? I’m amazed, definitely a few destinations bookmarked for global. Thanks for the vid Max!

1 Like

muchas gracias!!! :)

1 Like

Thank you for saving 3m and 24s of my life.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this!

1 Like

It’s ok, it’s not like you had one anyways 😉

Joke

2 Likes

Bookmarked for future reference.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.