MaxFacts on Hiatus's: Flyin Full Time FAM new Systems (Suggested SCal Practice Location)

MaxSez: Off the Forum Net for New Nav System FAM. PM’s only Pls.
(Steam XCub & C-172 are exciting ladies). “GA All the Way”, Max

6 Likes

Cool story Devil Dog! Maybe elaborate more on where and others can join in on the flying fun adventures ;)

Details, details, details…

3 Likes

@Levet… Max uses the high desert in SoCal.for FAM all IF aircraft. “Palm Springs” for Trash Haulers & “Bermuda Dunes” for GA. The Salten Sea (Lake) SW of PSP is superb for aerobatics.
G’day FireDog, Max

5 Likes

May I ask what FAM means in this s context?

@The_Geniusman… MaxSez: FAM = “Familiarization” in aviation speak. Glad you asked.
Regards, Max

So familiarization of the 6 pack and flying the new bird?

1 Like

@The_Geniusman… I’ve flown all lF Inventory birds and understand there capabilities and short comings. The new Chart and Nav Package gets my undivided attention. Nav1/2 with working NavAids, ILS Set Ups & Switchology need FAM and lotsa practice.
Anyone can fly GPS but LNav ect require pilotage skill.
(Do you know the LARS rule for a“ Back Azimuth” genius ?)
Regards, Max

1 Like

I don’t know the Lars rule. The new UI does require some relearning and practice. I was able to get comfortable with the NAVs and CRS. @Will_A loved my flight planning into 31kt headwind 😉.

1 Like

SoCal is an amazing area for General aviation. I’m gonna go find somewhere in the area and really get good at navigating with VORs. I’ve been waiting on this for a long time.

1 Like

Good luck on your journey to finding out what they heck everything does. See ya in the skies!

1 Like

I dont get why NAV1s are so hard for you. No offence, but they are quite easy. You simpily insert the NAV and follow the STAR.

@BadPlane… MaxSez. “Hard” never said that young person. I was Dead Reckoning before modern NavAids where installed, even SID/STARS where just a figment of development back then. In fact you where not even a gleam in your Dad’s eyes when I joined the Marines in 59, LOL. Only a fool attempts to operate new/improved systems and airframes w/o a FAM go or two.
Gung Ho, “Bad”, Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.