MaxFacts: Night Flights: Look At Yr LogBook Hours Lately? (Video/Quiz-Post yr score!)

MaxSez: Having been busted for a rookie error recently and having time on my hands as I wait out my Loss of Self Prestige for a week, I opened my Log Book and reviewed my records. Right off I noted the last time I got busted was 2.5 years ago! But most of all what really got my attention was my lack of “Night Hours”. With 3000+ hours of record not counting the looses caused by Server Dump’s, 90% of my hours where Day Sorties.

My fault, I can’t blame the Platform much. FDS has taken grate leaps forward in Airport infrastructure build outs. BUT, in area’s like; ALS, Taxiway Lighting, Rway Exit Marking, Aircraft Logo;, Direction Taxiway Markings/Numbering, Hi-Intensity Taxi/Landing Lights ect. There’s still a long way to go! Hopefully 20.1 will see some of these “Airport/Aircraft improvements. Each item noted has been the Topic of continuous membership Gripes.

Without the improvements noted I pledge to mix and match my day/ night sorties. I must improve my nighttime deficiencies. So should YOU!

Now as for the theme of this Topic and the learning experience. Below find a Video of a Bus Approach at JFK via the Canarcy Visual. Watch as the ALS grads you attention as this guy slips into the grove. Now that a nite lighted airport, unmistakeable from the clutter. The outer and inner flashing markers, Rway RAIL System Points a giant unmistakeable finger at the threshold. Ready, RETARD, Retard, Retard!

Bonus Quiz: Airport infrastructure by Brightbart, Can you pass this Marker Test with a 70 or better?

💕 & POST YR SCORE

Regards All, Max

8 Likes

I got the first 4 right, and the last 3 wrong 😎

57%, a solid F

2 Likes

I passed, barely

1 Like

@Micah_Brazil…MaxSez. ALL CAP’S BOLD… NOW THATS SCREAMING… LOL
Max

2 Likes

Awesome. So informative I couldn’t resist sign up. The quizzes are hard to resist, I just learned several things I didn’t know when I woke up this morning. Kudos and thanks 👏👏

1 Like

@KQA03. MaxSez: If only one member learned something from my jots it makes my day!
Warm Regards, Max

1 Like

Very true! You never know value of what you have until you share it. Thanks Max.

1 Like

@KQA03. MaxSez: Only the facts are valued here. Never forget there are snakes on this plane,
The Forum Airlines… LOL
Regards, Max

1 Like

Looks like the ground school came in handy after all! Loved the video and the quiz. Keep them coming!

1 Like

86% for me! Didn’t know the VOR arrow marking, that was pretty cool! TIL

1 Like

@Aceorbit. MaxSez: I missed that one to! Great Minds!
Regards, Max

1 Like

Missed the last one

1 Like

@Delta07. MaxSez: White &Green is unimportant till you hit a Location co-Located with a military firld like DC Andrews in the same Airspace or Norfolk with 5 airports, 4 military and only one civil.
Hope you recall this lesson learned in the long term. Good job!
Regards, Max

1 Like

Great post as usual Max!

👀

1 Like

Max, BUMPED for my Mates under the Southern Cross!

1 Like

Got a 71… Learned some things today!

1 Like

I missed one. I maintain that it was poorly worded and that I’m a competent Airport Editing Manager and flight instructor lol

3 Likes

I got 71% so guess I did pretty well

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.