MaxFacts: New Aircraft: Familiarization (A Fam Flight on SOLO A Must)

MaxSez: Let me Suggest useing the “Solo” function to Fam any new addition to the Fleet, a craft not flown before or one your having difficulty controlling initially… A short FAM on new Iron is a wise decision. Although you will not acrew XP the skill set improvement achieved will pay dividends in the long term. The video tells the tail!

9 Likes

Agreed, Max. Get to know your craft On Solo before flying online

3 Likes

Agreed. I already practiced a couple times with the whole family before hopping onto Casual for some more. A must for all pilots.

1 Like

I usually do 1 departure at a low and high altitude, and diffrent climate(temperature) airport to get a feel of average V1/Vr/V2 speeds.
After that, I do a easy approach then a unusual one both starting with no wind then a bit of wind.

3 Likes

Exactly Max! Great post that is completely true.

1 Like

Some practice is definitely needed for the MD-11, as the aircraft quite different, thanks for the reminder @Maxmustang

1 Like

I’ve only flown the new aircraft twice, both 20 minute pattern work at a quiet airport, so I guess that counts…

1 Like

What does “FAM” mean in this case?

@AndrewWu. MaxSez: A new acronyms to add to your aviation lexicon Furry, widely accepted in the RW. “Fam” = Familiarization as in “FAM Flight”. Never flew the Beast before or refreshing your FAMing when you go for a spin. Great you asked, show a willingness to learn. An indication of maturity and ability to assimilate. Regards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.