MaxFacts: Azur Air; Shocking Flight with the Dead!

Shocked passengers sit alongside a DEAD BODY after diabetic passenger dies during flight home from holiday in Turkey
Female passenger fell ill on Azur Air flight from Antalya,Turkey to Moscow
She suffered a diabetic seizure and forgot to take insulin in carry-on bag
Cabin crew were unable to help her and she died mid-air during the flight
They then lay down her body in the aisle among the other passenger.
(Daily Mail)

12 Likes

Daily Mail - One of the worst and untrustworthy sources there is…

16 Likes

Why not take it to the back of the aircraft? A little interesting of their choice of location.

3 Likes

This is terrible. Peace to the soul of the passenger.

7 Likes

Surely this warrants an emergency landing? They weren’t even over ocean.

4 Likes

The A340 from EWR-SIN had lockers for corpses.

9 Likes

That’s so horrible! :(

3 Likes

Letting the death passenger at his seat would be common. I know this might sound strange but FA’s are trained to deal with sick passengers and a death on bord is not often but might happen more than you think.

The aisle of all places(SMH)…was this procedure in their training???

1 Like

*aisle

~Grammar Police

If this report is accurate, I’d question Azur Air vigourously in a press release. (If I could)

I’m not going to say anything yet because there is a serious lack of info. Was there an emergency landing? Did the passengers say anything?

I believe that they put a blanket and eye mask over a dead body in BA, too make it appear as if it is sleeping… 😬

1 Like
5 Likes

yes i know aisle…and not ISLAND…type error…and not reading back…

1 Like

Can you provide us with a link please?

I used to be an EMT. With an insulin dependent diabetic there’s little that they emergency landing would have done. If the story is accurate this was most likely very quick.

2 Likes

This raises a bigger question, would it better to carry one thing of insulin on the first aid kits on all commercial aircraft?

doubt they would lie about that though

2 Likes

This is so scary… I wish the whole scenario was flipped upside down.

1 Like

Hmmm…depends on what she had…hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia…with the first a simple glucose shot would resolve that condition ( what in my opinion would qualify for an emergency landing)… in second case she wouldn’t had died, cause as in an acidotic coma (coma diabeticum), it takes a while to be fatal…I’ve seen patients with an parameter over 700 + mg/dl, them were still responsive…

This also depends on how long the flight is going…if the body remains seated, you could get a problem (hint: rigor mortis)… than its hard to get them out of the seat…or even worse in the box…

Jack out

1 Like