MaxFacts: 5 Reasons “NOT” to pursue a Commercial Pilot Career” (Video)

MaxSez: This is an interesting take on an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) career path for those who are so inclined. The major take away is the school house and testing steps and preparation/mind set required for those members who’s goals may lead them down this mentally challenging and expensive career path. IF provides a stepping stone
towards this “Profession”. The basic flight and airspace management Knowledge Provided here is a valuable tool…Study, use the Archive and the “Airplane Flying Handbook” available for Free at faa.gov.
MaxSends
https://youtu.be/fJJ5UJf_q_Y

8 Likes

Becoming a pilot is a very expensive process. I’m still going for an aviation career path, however not as a pilot. My current path is to first become a ramp or gate agent, and then later to an Air Traffic controller. As to become an Air Traffic Controller, you need three years of previous work experience with an associates degree.

12 Likes

Same, I’ve basically more or less given up on the dream of becoming a pilot because of costs.

Now I’m planning on working in airline management, hopefully working with an airline’s route network.

9 Likes

I honestly dont care, how much the flight training/school it. If you have a 100% passion to do something, even if the studying is hard or the schooling is hard/expensive, if you have a passion to do something, you will do whatever it takes to accomplish that even if you have to sacrifice things in life.

Even with all of the schooling costs, I am still aimed for being a pilot when I grow up :)

8 Likes

I really really really really…

really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

want to be a pilot. I dream of it. Literally. But I’m not sure if I can because it’s so expensive.

Truthfully, I have zero clue what else I would want to do because I’ve wanted to be a pilot for so long that I’ve not explored other careers.

2 Likes

MaxSez: Cost is always a factor. Never overlook a “Military Aviation” career path. Ask any ATP… G’day, Max

For all germans: EFA (the official flight academy of the LH group) is an option, 3k costs, rest are deducted in terms of annuities of your salary (ranges from 15-25% of your salary)

1 Like

Luckily i come from a wealthy family. If someone has a passion for someone, dont just ‘give up’ because something’s stopping you. I’m going for it, started my flight lessons at 14, already have a few hours flying, and hope to fly solo on my 16th birthday. I won’t give up for commercial flying. It’s just telling yourself ‘you will get there.’

1 Like

Ishrion, If you still want to be an airline pilot, have you considered the fact that you could join the air force or be a naval or army pilot. You’d earn your wings for free essentially, you could do the minimum term, and then you could leave and do a converter course?

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve considered that but that’s a big no.

To be honest, I’m beginning to favor the aviation industry and economy over being a pilot.

1 Like

Any reason why military aviation is a no?

Is it the fact that you don’t agree with the military? You don’t want the possibilities of being hurt?

I’d love to hear your opinion, as military aviation is the route I took!

2 Likes

OR you can also have a combination of secondary education and work experience that totals 3 years. Don’t knock school if can afford it.

2 Likes

Really good video! In this day and age a lot of jobs require college, which can be expensive depending where you go. Flight training might replace the costs of an expensive institution, or compound on them.

Once you get there, it’s a taxing schedule and there’s never a guarantee you won’t have a health issue which rules you out for good. Definitely a lot to consider. Before starting down this path.

1 Like

More or less. While getting hurt isn’t an issue, I’ve never really been interested in the military.

Apparently most airlines will pay for your training and you will pay them back with part of your wage.

I have the passion to be a pilot.im not even gonna look at the video

1 Like

Or maybe if you can get a scholarship if possible Work Hard :)

Despite costs, haven’t some airlines started free flight lessons in exchange for the students working for the airline? I’m planning on doing normal lessons other than airline run since I live nowhere near an international airport.

Is flight training expensive? YES
Is flight training challenging? YES
Do I look fwd to work? ALWAYS
Is this the best job in the world? YES

I am biased. Post 9/11 when no one was hiring, I worked in finance and later in labs for research and I can tell you that while I liked the jobs( definitely didn’t love it nor was a passionate about it)I couldn’t wait till Friday 5pm. I never really looked fwd to going back to work. Just liked the money.

I can’t say the same now. I love my job. In 5 days I will be Costa Rica for work for 4 days. I will have my own little vacation while I “work” . Don’t know too many jobs like that. I get to fly to places and stay in places where people save their hard earned money to travel too.

Don’t let money and challenges come between you and your passions / dreams. You guys have no idea how many people I meet almost daily who regret they didn’t follow their dream of flight (and most of these people make more money than I do). You can’t control the uncontrollable, but you owe yourself to try your best.

Let your dreams take flight. No matter what. You won’t regret it, I promise you that. 🛩️

3 Likes

Maybe you can get a degree before becoming a pilot?

2 Likes

So in my opinion there is nothing holding you back from doing something! If someone really want to become a pilot (every type cargo, military or commercial) then he should try it !

1 Like