MaxFact: The 707 still going strong; The B-E3 (Sentry, AWACS) (Video) Short Final, Vis Approach T&G in winds, Pure Skill!

MaxSez: We used to call this bad old boy “Red Crown” back in the day as a FAC(A). She & her sisters are currently in the war zones AWACS’ing.

5 Likes

I’ve seen one at Pardubice Airport in the Czech Republic. It was from NATO. Really loud but really cool. Have a photo but it’s buried in the depths of my PC.

1 Like

Great video. The Boeing 707 variants are going strong across the globe. I was recently back in Wichita at McConnell AFB. Large deployment there of the KC-135 Tanker… Another 707 sibling. Some of the planes in your video are still sporting the older engine models. I think they actually used a water injection system on that engine for added power during take off.
Thanks for sharing the video!

1 Like

@wolffan21… This bird is not USAF. If you look close when she’s in profile/plane view the fusillade marking could say “NATO”. Regards, Max

@david.harper. Think it’s could be the same plane. Old engines for sure it/they appear to be Smoker! Thanks for the reminder on the KC-135. Lov those
Leading Edge Slats… Regards, Max

1 Like

Huh - I didn’t realise they still flew these!

1 Like

Wombat, there’s a lot of GranPa era specialized aircraft still making a living. Take the “Buff” for example it’s still our 1st line Strike Nuc Carrier at 50+ yrs. A lot of older Tac aircraft and air carriers are still in service. Watch “Buffalo Airways” TV Series an Alaska civil carries, they were still flying C-46/47’s w/ WWII log books. Believe Buffalo has been bought out by Saga but the TV Series will hang in there forever it’s a classic. Max

2 Likes

He’s got a lot of extra bits and pieces, the raked wingtips look great on the 707. Good to see it still flying at all!

1 Like

Im heading to good old Oklahoma next week and will be in the KTIK final approach, love me some E3B AWACS I was stationed with the 966th AACS and 964th AACS man I miss Tinker AFB.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.