MaxCub/172 POP Up; FL Glades 4/24 @ KFMY - 241800ZAPR20

With the winds I imagine you’re a bit stuck there too 😂

Oh god… I feel bad LOL

1 Like

I’m being pushed by the wind I cannot turn right at all.

1 Like

Taking off from KAPF.

1 Like

Max landing on his nose and reporting “Clear of all runways” just made my entire day. 😂

16 Likes

Can I have a sprite instead?

1 Like

I’m facedown on the taxiway with an aerobatics warning.

Edit: taking off from the ramp worked perfectly, I didn’t even get a notice about max taxi speed lol

1 Like

3 Likes

If so, I’ll take a virgin Pina Colada!

1 Like

Looks like a bunch of the XCubs just dropped down and did a few touch & goes.

2 Likes

@Marc and @tomthetank have merged into one, super-powerful, unstoppable, XCUB+, and have gained the power to fly with twice the fuel, and gain twice the xp each flight, as well as be able to announce clear of all runways from in the air.

2 Likes

MaxSez: I’ve never been as embarrassed as I am right now in all my life! I caught a 35 mile an hour gust on take off at Page and ended up nose down in the mud with 11 guys watching and LOL. To add to my Misery I lost the server over Naples.

I’ll miss the recovery at the Ocean Reef club no beer for me, I’m afraid to show my face. I’ll never live this down, Just call me“Crash Mustang” for now… OOOOOOMy!, I conquer adversity, “I’ll be back”!
Max

6 Likes

Max, don’t feel so bad. It happens to all of us! No matter who, everyone goes nose down in the XCub, and at one point, loses the server. Hope you join us again on another leg if you regain the server.

1 Like

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt lol
Just spawn at X01 and get airborne

2 Likes

It’s windy Max, happens. Very nice VFR route! Following the beach.

3 Likes

I suppose we shall call you CubCrusher Max from now on

4 Likes

Max, this is honestly one of the best events I’ve been at recently. Beautiful route, and it’s so much fun with this wind. Haven’t used the XCub in a while.

8 Likes

Could have happened to any of us, Max — come along, but this round is on you!

5 Likes

@Marc @tomthetank and @AdamCallow, you all look like you’re having a swell time.

2 Likes

MaxSez, Noted @Marc… Page is my Home Field. Fly this route real in aa friend 172 to the Club for Brunch periodically. Florida is a magic place to fly, Wx is almost always fair except in the brief rainy seasons

Think someone rigged the winds at Page, I’m a mile away, bit overcast but just a low on shore flow, Av 4mph by my anemometer.
Regards, Max

3 Likes

During the XCubs to Oshkosh event I documented my journey in the XCub from KSMO to Osh. Was 5 legs, this was before the mixture control so the fuel burn was bad, only got like 1hr 30mns out of a full tank.

I crashed landing on leg 2 in a 24knt+ cross wind. Quite embarrassing because I needed the screenshots to post on Instagram.

See here or Here

3 Likes