Engines: 2 Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67T
Crew: Fatalities: / Occupants: 4
Passengers: Fatalities: / Occupants: 0
Total: Fatalities: / Occupants: 4
Airplane damage: Missing
Airplane fate: Presumed damaged beyond repair
Phase: En route (ENR)
Nature: Cargo
Departure airport: Timika-Moses Kilangin (Tembagapura) Airport (TIM/WABP), Indonesia
Destination airport: Ilaga Airport (ILA/WABL), Indonesia
Narrative:
A de Havilland Canada DHC-4T Caribou cargo plane is reported missing on a flight from Timika to Ilaga, Papua, Indonesia with four crew members on board. The aircraft, owned by the Puncak Regencuy and operated by Trigana Air Service, carried water-channel construction materials and a cement mixer, weighing 3,130 kilograms in total.
The aircraft took off from Timika at 07:57. Last radio contact was at 08:23 when the flight reported at the Ilaga Pass, expecting arrival at Ilaga at 09:23. The aircraft failed to arrive and an ELT signal was detected at S 04 07 46 E 137 38 11, which is 40-45 NM from the 060 radial of the TMK VOR. (AvSafe)

3 Likes

wow! yikes scary! nust reminds us all of the dangers of flying :)

1 Like

Still safer than driving :). I hope all is well, update us if they find the aircraft!

3 Likes

yeah true! is much safer, especially for us californians. LOL :)

I drove in San Diego this past summer. Yikes! I thought people from Michigan were bad drivers. Which granted yes, they still are, but WOW!

2 Likes

@Flightfan84. Try driving in Florida in season when all the geriatric deafened blind people are on the roads.

1 Like

Well get off the road Max! Just kidding, I don’t pass opportunities like that. I was temporarily relocated to Winter Park back in '06, yes Florida drivers are not the greatest either. I did like the median wall on most major roads though. You can’t turn left whenever you want, you have to wait for the wall break and then make a U-turn. This was genius down there, I wish it was this way in my current location.

2 Likes

@SingaporeAirlines

yup, u feel my pain :) the only people worse at driving than californians are the people that live in new jersey! wow!!! by the way i live in mission viejo, which is only about an hour from san diego, so maybe u saw my town?

I don’t recall Mission Viejo. We went from University Heights to the La Jolla hiking trails. We saw a Chinook make three passes to lose altitude and then land on the beach, it was pretty intense!

wow! sounds great! I’ve hiked on la jolla trails too, or at least around that area! it sounds pretty intense! :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.