MaxAvSafe: Boeing Max Update: “Bird Strike” attributed to Ethiopian Strike Loss.

MaxSez: The Max Saga continues. The Final NTSB Final Report will tell the tail for these tragedies.

MaxSends

10 Likes

MCAS is still at fault. Multiple redundancies should be built in to every system, having such a powerful system which can do such inputs to an aircraft means it should be using more than one sensor. Pilots confirm that other systems do so why not this one?

10 Likes

MCAS had a huge roll in the crash, but a bird strike could have effected it

1 Like

Once again, Boeing covering up their own problem. I stand fully by the side that it is the MCAS fault, leading to the crash. Boeing is a greedy company that puts profit over safety. Boeing needs to accept the fact that they made the mistake, fix the problem, and move on. It might not sound so hard, but hell it is…

1 Like

@AlphaSeven. MaxSez: “US Aviation Officials” not Boeing cited the bird strike hypothesis in this Topic. What cover up? Boeing apparently accepts there culpability publicly, all their public utterances support this fact. The Max is not the first design fault recorded for hull losses. As a “ Young aviation enthusiast” your opinion has no basis in fact. Ya know what they say about opinions? Remember “If it ain’t Boeing, It Ain’t going” G’day, Max

4 Likes

The “Bird strike” would have affected the sensor thus causing the MCAS to be triggered to due to erroneous data that it was being sent, however the main culprit was the fact that the MCAS couldnt be turned off.

3 Likes

I might not have as much knowledge as you might have, but you can trust me that I am mature enough to support my own side. Me being a “Young Aviation enthusiast,” I still do have the right to state my own thinking and opinions. The FAA is afterall American, so there really is nothing to talk about here. The americans would do whatever they can to get out of this bad situation they’ve been put in by themselves. Let’s not talk about the recent news we’ve been getting that they’ve been “Covering up their own case” and that they knew the MAX had it’s flaws at the day it was introduced to the public. Now whether or not the FAA or Boeing is telling the truth, or is just trying to cover up, I can’t speculate because a whole argument might start. G’day Max!

@AlphaSeven. MaxSez: Good retort, well spoken! Bottom line, without political or national bias the “Final Accident Reports” will tell the tail. Speculation at this point is valueless. G’day, Max

1 Like

I agree, sorry for any misunderstanding Max,
G’day!

1 Like

Hmmm that is definitley a very biased comment, as you are blaming the United States and the FAA for covering up something Boeing did. A coverup is when you hide something that you did, which did not happen as Boeing came out and said that they would fix their MCAS system. After all, your profile is an Airbus A350, so I suspected a little anti Boeing rhetoric from the start. Beoing is trying to fix this as fast as possible because they are essentially driven by profits, whole Airbus is wholly funded by the EU by receiving billions in handouts so that they can generate new aircraft. The WTO has ruled on the matter in Boeings favor many times. Thank you and good day.

1 Like

I will leave this particularly eye watering report here, which hints towards a cover up and let you guys make your own opinions based on it… multiple issues with the MAX and how team Boeing/FAA didnt handle it properly.

1 Like

First of all, WHAT?
Please, don’t speculate when you have almost no evidence.
"You’re profile pic is an Airbus A350, so I suspect a little anti Boeing rhetoric from the start."
That is probably the dumbest comment i’ve seen in a long time. I could have a Boeing pic if you want, does that mean I like and stand by the side of Boeing? Obviously not! So how does my profile pic have to do with my actual opinions on aircraft and their companies?
Please, don’t go blaming the EU saying that Airbus is getting Billions of dollars because of that. It’s called “Difference in quality.” I might have the side of Airbus because of obvious reasons, but after all, IMO AIrbus is more safe, and cares more about passenger comfort and safety instead of profit like Boeing. Boeing should accept their mistake. But all they are doing, is acting like nothing happened. More than 300 lives where lost, and I’m not going to let that slip through as easy as that.

If you like Boeing, I’m totally fine with that. But you can’t tell me that I’m wrong because Boeing is “Not covering up.” If you think Boeing is really trying their best to actually fix this, go ahead. However, my comment did not include bias, but sadly, the truth of the FAA and Boeing’s side. These are now becoming speculations from your side, and I recommend you stop, so that this thread doesn’t become an argument.
Please do remember that people have their own opinions and thoughts, and you can’t do argue about it.
If you have a problem, ensure to PM me.
Thanks,

2 Likes

I watched that hearing… US “officials” are covering for Boeing. It’s despicable

3 Likes

That’s what I meant by “cover up”

Here’s a great breakdown of the hearing. Congressional folks asking questions and using conjecture on issues they’ve no clue about.

https://paxex.aero/2019/05/highlights-from-the-faa-and-ntsbs-congressional-testimony-on-the-737-max-grounding/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.