Maty NZ's ATC tracking thread (CLOSED) @ EDDL

Welcome To My ATC Tracking Thread!

Hey guys, I’m currently running some ATC sessions to brush up on some of my skills for when I apply for IFATC in the future. Your feedback is always appreciated either here or via PM.

I will update this topic when I’m open, so that some of you can join and test my controlling out.

form for future controlling:

CLOSED

I’m training. I would like some practice and some feedback. Pattern work is very welcome.

Coming N561jv

Good job. Not a lot of other traffic but I can tell you need to work on sequencing.

Every plane needs:

1. Pattern entry (for inbounds, first pattern, runway changes only)
  2. Sequence
  3. Clearance

Once you have everyone sequenced, spacing will usually work itself out. When N192KG entered the airspace, while he was wrong to say he was on left base, he should have called inbound for landing/touch+go etc. You should then have sequenced him by telling him “N192KG number 2, enter left base behind the plane on left downwind” and then cleared him #2.

and

The video:

Great! Thanks @lurkerboy for the tips.

Many airplanes instead of calling inbound, report their position inside the pattern, I didn’t really knew if I had to instruct them their pattern entry or if I should just sequence them. I was just skipping the pattern entry part, will change that in future controlling. Thanks!

OPEN

Server: Training
Airport: EDDL
Frequencies: Tower/Ground
Open hours: March 11, 2019 1:40 AM March 11, 2019 2:40 AM

I’m training. I would like some practice and some feedback. Pattern work is very welcome.

I’m Now Closed @ EDDL but will be doing a few more minutes @ RJTT

CLOSED

Open hours: March 12, 2019 1:40 AM March 12, 2019 2:20 AM

OPEN

Open hours: March 13, 2019 10:40 PM March 14, 2019 12:00 AM

Good work. No need to give pattern entry after take off, you already gave it to me when you cleared me to take Off. I’ll try to swing by again later.

Great that was a doubt I had left after last time!

Only if we 1) changed runway 2) left airspace and came back 3) approach/enter airspace for the first time
you need to give a pattern to enter the new runway and then tell which pattern to enter after the option.

Few things:

• You gave me a pattern instruction (told me to enter left downwind 23R) on my initial takeoff…no need. I was the only aircraft so all you had to do was clear me.

• Runway change was good.

• Go around call was good. @DaniCP and I would have been using the same runway if you didn’t call that go around.

• Option does imply a landing clearance as well. However, when I called for landing, you could have alternatively just given me a landing clearance.

• Overall, response time has to be quicker. But increase in response takes practice.

Still, you’re doing good, keep it up!

Was N-TEXAS btw.

Hi there. I was E438.

• You were a bit slow sequenced Spirit 1 as n.2 behind me.

• Go around call in time.

• Runway change was good.

• Transition altitude to @LoL_SmAsH was accurate.

Overall very good job :)
Thanks for the patterns and see you soon!

Great!! Thanks for the feedback.

Quick question, what would have you expected me to do here:

You were a bit slow sequenced Spirit 1 as n.2 behind me.

Should have been faster calling the instructions I sent? or sequenced you behind Spirit(I sequenced you first on purpose, he had long upwind and high altitude, you were doing quick)?

Thanks,

In this case, you’re right cleared me n1. But you don’t need cleared me first for then sequence spirit1. You can sequence him first when turn crosswind for example, and then cleared me. Is important that everyone knows who aircraft follow as soon as posible. You can tell him “descent to pattern altitude” if are flying too high. Hope you understanding me…

Great!! Thanks for clearing that up.

If I do not misunderstand you, I should have sequenced you “number two behind traffic on left downwind” immediately after your took off, and after I saw you were going faster resequence him to follow you and then clear you number 1 cleared to land?

Thanks,

I’m now closed. Thanks everyone that showed up, I learned a lot today.

Exactly. You can resequence as many times as you need to everyone knows who aircraft follow.
For example if you have 4 aircrafts on final and the 2nd do a 360 for spacing, you need resequence at 3rd “number 2, traffic to follow is on final”. Only one clearance required.

OPEN

Open hours: March 14, 2019 11:20 PM March 15, 2019 12:30 AM

Nicer job. I would give your clearances a littler earlier as well as watching to give the runway exit command. There were no mistakes.