Massive Terminal Move at KLAX (21 airlines affected)

Wow, let’s see what happens.

This should be a good thing for LAX, it’ll consolidate OneWorld carriers between TBIT and T5 and SkyTeam carriers between T2 and TBIT (with a connector being built in the future I believe). Hopefully should make connections easier.

Let’s just hope they don’t have any hiccups moving Airlines like the opening of T5 at Heathrow.

1 Like

A big move has already happened before at LAX. In 2014, American moved from terminals 2 and 3 to terminals 4 and 5, similar to what is happening now.

1 Like

Well, Copa will have a headache for a while.

2 Likes

The move has entered its first stage…

Qatar Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines both moved from T2 to TBIT on Monday 1st May.

4 Likes

Let the chaos begin!

3 Likes

I hope I can see some good international airlines when I’m there in exactly one week. 😬😬

1 Like

I was in the area driving up the freeway last weekend and I saw 2 A380’s, quite a few 737’s, and a China Airlines 777 up close.

2 Likes

Again I’m only one exact week away (I leave May 09th) and I’m hoping I can catch the good action before they begin moving everyone around.

1 Like

Going spotting this week at lax

Sweet! There are a few new airlines flying into there now like the Austrian, try and catch them.

1 Like

Same here! I need to see my grandmother so I’m flying over there on the 5th and coming back on the 7th on Delta. I need to get my last glimpse of T5 before it’s de-Delta-fied!

Delta have started to move to T2 and T3, whilst JetBlue, Virgin America, Allegiant, Frontier, Boutique Air, Volaris and Sun Country all moved to the south side last night. Apparently no move related delays reported yet.

3 Likes

It’s an aviation miracle!

1 Like

Enjoy your (relatively-) new terminal! We made sure that it looked fresh and clean for you before we left!

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad that we haven’t seen any disruption.

Glad I got out of there before the move.

Lol Virgin Australia is moving too 😶

Had a look at the list and Qantas is not moving (as always) but Virgin Australia is moving (as always again)

1 Like

Well it’s not a massive move for Virgin Australia because they just have a few 777s flying there.