Massive Protests at Hong Kong Airport causing all flights being cancelled

Talking about my comment ;)

1 Like

Oh, my bad, sorry

Yeah, In a matter of seconds the heat was real.

I’m gonna leave this topic, as I’ve been to HongKong once, and have no absolute idea about what’s happening…

2 Likes

@Vinne people are really angry

3 Likes

diverting to guangzhou or shenzhen

1 Like

This is getting really bad…

Basically PRC is banning all Cathay Pacific’s crews who partake in the anti-extradition demonstration as Hong Kong is surrounded by PRC’s airspace, which is subject to the ban

And this is Cathay Pacific’s response

Live update from HKIA

3 Likes

They do not have a choice.
If they don’t fire people they would be banned from mainland routes and even cannot flyinto china airspace

1 Like

This is now the top article all around the world, thank you, @virginatlantic28 for breaking it first to us!

1 Like

That notam

5 Likes

While the flights getting cancelled is bad… STAY STRONG HONG KONG 💪

9 Likes

Yikes! That ain’t good…

2 Likes

First time there is no plane waiting for takeoff (except for weather)

3 Likes

Weird, because there are still planes that are landing… 🧐

1 Like

They are allowing planes already in the air to land, but stopping any short haul planes which are headed there from taking off from their departure airport. No planes are taking off because people can’t get through security and check in.

3 Likes

Wow. This sucks. Was just in Hong Kong 2 weeks ago after arriving from Tokyo… glad I got out of there in time. Hopefully everyone’s alright.

1 Like

This is why they should’ve kept Kai Tak open.

3 Likes

I just checked the air space of Hong Kong and all I saw were cargo flights landing and a few passenger flights landing and that’s it no more flight in the area and and the Shenzhen Airport looks packed as far as I can see on FR24

2 Likes

And what would’ve that changed?

2 Likes

I was in HKIA a few weeks back and I was shocked to see the pictures coming out today

2 Likes

I was there today, not for long though. There were false rumours that the riot police would clear the scene by 1800HKT which scared a lot of people (myself included) to leave.

If anyone is interested in the situation in Hong Kong, my PM inbox is always open.

7 Likes