Map that shows where you took your IF screenshots

I don’t know whether or not you know this already, but I just discovered, that the iOS Photos app shows you the place where you took your IF screenshots on their map feature, as if they were a normal picture. This only works with the button in the replay I think, because I took one with the physical iPad buttons and it didn’t show on the map. I am not taking pictures often so my map is quite empty, but I would love to see yours down below!

Mine:

11 Likes

That’s a super cool find, Maximilian! It’s amazing how accurate the tool is – I took this photo in the exact same spot as marked on the satellite view, just over the touchdown zone at Kabul International. Crazy!

4 Likes

Thanks mate! Used my iPad for over a year now and just discovered it! 😅

1 Like

Yeah the accuracy is insane… I have no clue how they do that and I wonder if the devs did this intentionally

2 Likes

My guess is that when screenshots are taken using the in-app replay button, part of the file includes coordinates, which are then populated on Apple’s map in the photo’s app. Now, I’m wondering whether the coordinates are from the aircraft’s location or the camera’s location. By the looks of it, I’d say it’s using the camera coordinates.

2 Likes

How do you make it so you see the map?

Photos App -> Albums -> Places (I think that’s how it’s translated into English)

You hav to take your screenshot with the button in the replay though, otherwise it may not pop up on the map

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of the album in English

The map shows when you click on the album with the needle

1 Like

You can thank Philippe for this feature. He was the one who implemented it into Infinite Flight. It’s definitely a very cool feature!

4 Likes

Thanks @philippe 😄

2 Likes

Epic, it shows my pictures that I imported from my long haul phone.

1 Like

You also might wanna charge your phone 😅

4 Likes

Wow, this is really cool, thanks Philippe! Saw this before when my map was sparse, but since I’ve been doing more virtual photography recently my map has filled up a lot! 😂

Here’s my map:

3 Likes

A united 737 in Nepal? What was that flight

2 Likes

The random United 737 in Nepal 😂

2 Likes

Do not question solo mode. 😛

3 Likes

what is the app called?? I now need I mean need this app immediately!! Great find @anon2996007!!

Do you have an iOS device?

yes I do have an IOS device @Z-Tube

Do you have the photos app installed on your device? It looks like this:

1 Like