Map Connect v2 Official Tutorial

Map Connect v2 Official Tutorial

Step 1:

• 1.1 Open Map Connect, go to Joysticks page.

• 1.2 Plug your joysticks into your computer and wait for Map Connect to recognize them. Once Map Connect successfully recognizes them, the name of the joysticks you plugged in will be displayed in the Joysticks section. (If Map Connect doesn’t recognize your joysticks, try moving any axis of the joysticks or clicking any button on the joysticks to help Map Connect recognize them)

Step 2:

• 2.1 Once Map Connect recognizes your joysticks, you can click the SELECT button to the right of any action in the Action section to assign them an axis, button and key.

截屏2022-07-27 10.38.33

• 2.2.1 Assign axis: Click the SELECT AXIS button, then move any axis on your joystick. If Map Connect doesn’t assign the axis successfully, move the axis a little more vigorously.

截屏2022-07-27 10.43.46

• 2.2.2 Assign button: Click the SELECT BUTTON button, then click any button on your joystick.

• 2.2.3 Assign key: Click the SELECT KEY button, then click any key on your keyboard.

Step 3:

• 3.1 Open Infinite Flight, then go to Settings in Infinite Flight, scroll to the bottom and enable Infinite Flight Connect.

• 3.2 Make sure the device running Map Connect is under the same WIFI network as the device running Infinite Flight.

• 3.3 Return to the Main page of Map Connect and wait for it to connect to Infinite Flight. Once Map Connect successfully connects to Infinite Flight, the word “Connecting…” on the Main page should change to “Connected”.

• 3.4 (If you did not assign any axis in step 2.2.1, you can ignore steps 3.4-3.7) Once Map Connect successfully connects to Infinite Flight, in Infinite Flight, go to Settings, followed by Controls.

IMG_0102

• 3.5 In the Axes tab, click the word “Roll [*%] Accelerometer”, then the words “Move Axis on Device to Assign” will be displayed.

• 3.6 Move the axis that you previously assigned for the action “Roll” on your joystick. Once Infinite Flight recognizes this axis, “Roll [*%] Accelerometer” becomes “Roll [*%] Network Controller”

• 3.7 Repeat steps 3.5-3.6 to change Pitch, Yaw and Throttle to Network Controller.

Step 4:

Start enjoying flying :)

17 Likes

Does this mean that I can finally start flying with my Joystick again??

4 Likes

Map Connect v2 will be open beta soon, so stay tuned :)

2 Likes

I’m excited!! Glad I clicked on this topic!

2 Likes

So excited to use this! Been using Map Connect ever since I got my T-Flight Hotas One back in May and it is amazing!

3 Likes

Hi all, when I open it it says that its damaged ant can’t be opened

details: Mac M1 2020 - Macos Monetary
Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 8.11.10 pm

1 Like

I just tried it out and works like a charm. Only thing I’d like to see is a brake input so we can land properly without the parking brake

3 Likes

I agree. Brake input would make life much easier with this amazing stable app

2 Likes

Looking good i am waiting for make flight with my joystick 😊

1 Like

We are already working on it :)

2 Likes

We have added two new actions in the upcoming v1.1.0: left brake and right brake.

1 Like

How does the Left brake and right brake work with the axis? I accidental had it set on the axis which controls the rudder, which obviously wont work?

I don’t know if I correctly understood what you said. The left brake and right brake should work with axes, you can adjust the level of them from 0%-100% by using axes.

Can you use the ‘Hat’ button which I’ve circled yellow?

Yes, I don’t know if the brake would work with this hat button, because I don’t have the same airbus joystick. However, it depends on how ThrustMaster implements this hat button. If the default value of this hat button was 0, then the brake won’t work. If the default value of this button was -1, and the maximum value of this button was 1, then the brake will work. You need to check if the hat button meets this condition.

1 Like

I’m currently flying to Tokyo so will let you know when I land.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Have a good day.

Lee

1 Like

And one more thing that I forgot to say is, this hat button must be recognized as “an axis” or “axes” to be assigned to brakes. If the hat button was recognized as a button, then it won’t work with brakes. Go to Joystick page, you can try to move it or press it to see whether the value of an axis changes as you move or press it, or the value of a button changes, to determine whether this is recognized as an axis or a button.

1 Like

So, when i press the hat button down, the brakes come on. But the problem is, they wont come off unless i keep my finger in the upward motion on the hat button. So i think i’ll just not use the left/right brake function.

Sorry about that. The left/right brake is designed for the joysticks like this, so they may not work with this hat button.

download

2 Likes

Do any of the pedals work?