Manually Operate the Spoilers

I think this would be an amazing feature to add to Infinite Flight. It would be a slider similar to the throttle slider but smaller. Instead of having the spoiler settings as off, flight, and extended, it would be changed to manual, flight, and armed or manual and armed.
Manual mode would replace off and allow you to use the slider to control the spoilers. Flight and armed would remain the same as it is now. With this feature, slowing down and intercepting people in fighter jets would be made easier because you’ll be able to set the spoilers to its maximum deflection. This will enable you to slow down faster than when the spoilers are set to flight while you’re in the air.
Below is a video of how it would work. It was taken from Rortos Carrier Landings. Had to post it on YouTube and leave a link because screen recordings aren’t authorized. 🤷‍♂️

I actually really think this is a cool feature! As I have seen multiple different levels of spoilers deployed IRL, not just one exact deployment each time. Great idea!

3 Likes

That’s cool too but i think auto is better and advanced

3 Likes

That would be cool. Is that Rortos F-15 flight sim???

I guess we wouldn’t need “flight” anymore if we had manual.

Although it may be “better and advanced”, it’s not how it works in real life. In real life it’s either off, armed or manually controlled.

I totally like this idea and it would be great to have this feature added.

2 Likes

I’d love to see this - Manual is better for sure!

4 Likes

What kinda of democracy is this lol. I tried voting but IF cut me off :(. Think it may be a bug? Or uhmm somthing…

You’re only allowed a certain votes

1 Like

Why :( I want more.

1 Like

It gives each individual vote value. We can’t have everyone voting on every feature request. If you think something really needs to be in the game, remove a vote for it. If not, then it’s probably not needed ;)

2 Likes

Is that forever? Do they ever renew? It loses value when I have to choose. I’m not going to back out of my past stances.

You get more as you gain trust levels. I forget how many each one has… I think Regular is 15?

2 Likes

yes real life is manual

1 Like

I think this would be a very cool feature!

1 Like

It’s rortos carrier landing

1 Like

Flight could be removed or stay for people that prefer it over manual. It’ll just be there for convenience.

I had a pretty spoiler full SWA flight, we were coming in hot till we were in line with the runway, then we pulled it right back. Definitely more spoilers than “flight”

1 Like

I would love manually deposited spoilers it would make the sim that much better

2 Likes

Maybe an auto and manual mode?

2 Likes

With an auto mode the spoilers would have to be reworked