Manually disarm spoilers

Can you please bring back manual disarm spoilers after exiting the runway, I get the whole “it’s not realistic using manual disarm spoilers on flight checks” but tbh that wouldn’t bother me if that was all, at least cancel the 40ks auto disarm bc it’s annoying, I don’t feel in control of the aircraft anymore

9 Likes

It will come back in 22.4

1 Like

They won’t, I already asked. Just use reverse thrust til like 60 knots and use brakes after, the spoilers will stay up.

1 Like

They wont? It is confirmed that from now on when 22.4 comes out you now have to manually disarm spoilers after landing

1 Like

It’s annoying to me

How do you know 👍🏽

Since when was it confirmed

It’s very annoying, to many people. I made a post back when it first came out and quite a few people agreed with me.

They talked about in on the livestream yesterday

4 Likes

Yeah I asked the question and Laura said it’s already in the game or something like that

Btw I was just testing the game to see if the breaking manually after 60ks to see if the spoilers stay up, and they actually don’t tbh

I think Laura talked about it on yesterday’s live stream

2 Likes

I been complaining about this automatic spoiler retraction feature ever since it came out. It’s annoying becuase I don’t even use the auto brake feature but it still effects how I play the game because spoilers still retract under 40 kts

Do you know if they r going to bring it back

You can go watch the YouTube live stream from yesterday. At 1:40:10 they talk about manual spoilers coming back in 22.4. I was still confused Because they said it’s coming back but it won’t be like how it worked before and Laura didn’t really go into how it’s gonna be different to what it was like before.

2 Likes

This may sound harsh, but most of the complaints about this are quite strange but also comes down to a quite common thing i think many of us see here:

Realism is only interesting when it’s “easy” or when it’s a “cool feature”. When realism happens to include something that force you to change a certain behaviour (like this one) or when it’s inconvenient in some way - there are complaints.

A post I’ve shared numerous times which always tends to simmer down the conversation is this one, from a real world pilot we have within our team:

No, things aren’t 100% accurate right now. But it’s A LOT closer to the real deal than what it was before. And we’ll continue to iterate and improve on this :)

16 Likes

I only use auto brakes for takeoff and use manual braking and spoilers for landing but sometimes it still does it, bit annoying but its not that big of a deal either. Just gotta adapt to the situation and learn.

1 Like

I’ve just completely stopped using reverse thrust. I’d rather use brakes only and have spoilers stay up than use reversers and have the spoilers go down the moment I let go of the screen

1 Like

It’s actually further than it was before. Atleast before you could manually disarm them, the auto thing is just annoying. Look up ANY video of a plane landing and the spoilers would stay up til well after they taxi off the runway.

3 Likes

Absolutely true and underappreciated.

1 Like