Mannual landing

When i try to land the plane mannualy and disengage the autopilot at 1000feet .the aircraft suddenly goes out of control and goes down tried different aircraft. But facing same problem hope i get a help

1 Like

Hello Kamran, one solution is to re-calibrate your device prior to disengaging your A/P. You can do this by clicking the menu and holding the device to a confortable position.

4 Likes

calibration is the solution
It helps you to reset the tilt

1 Like

To avoid this happening to you, I highly recommend you to calibrate your aircraft when disconecting from the AP. I think this will help you a lot =)

1 Like

having the same - despite calibrating before disconnecting the AP the plan pitches down right away - i found what works best for me is to disconnect around 1500 feet, bring back the power a bit to compensate and try to “catch” the nose right away. if you prepared for it it aint that bad - by 1000ft latest you are back nice and stable.

1 Like

It could possibly be because of your load / winds, what’s the usual trim you use for landing? Helps me sometimes.

There should be the purple line on the box to change the trim too which show how much elevator is being used on A/P or when flying manually.

1 Like

i tried that - however since the airplane trims automatically when AP is engaged and the power settint remains virtually the same the airplane should be trimmed out perfectly hence it was stable all the way until disconnect - of course it can be retrimmed to stabelize the approach once AP comes off (which is what i do) but the initial nosedive remains

Trim in IF does not do it automatically I believe

2 Likes

Calibration before disengage AP does it work

1 Like

nope - helps obviously in stabelizing after but doesnt fix it

1 Like

I works fine for me. To help on a more smooth transition from AP to manual, I usually place my smartphone in a more stable place, and when I think it is time to turn off the autopilot I calibrate the aircraft and right after I disconnect the AP. One other thing you can try to do is ajusting the sensitivity by opening the menu and looking for the “Controls” section.

If it’s going down, try increasing the trim (usually 20-30% for most airliners and 60% for CRJs on final works) and increase the flaps setting. You may be going too slow for whatever your flap and trim settings are

you are right just tried it - pitch is controlled by AP but trim isnt - adjusting to correct trim setting before disconnecting helps
thank you

2 Likes

For me I do not press the A/P button but instead the ALT or VS button

recalibrate your controls from the pause screen before disengaging that should solve it (also, it helps to add the “yoke” tab to your control bar at the bottom. it’s a clear way to see the position of your yoke)

Thank you guys it works for me so by applying this my plane doesn’t bounce or skid from runway anymore.really worked for me