Mann1164’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Welcome to @Mann1164 ATC Tracking Thread!

I am looking to apply for IFATC soon and would like some help from the IFC!

Try to do transitions, pattern work, and regular departing traffic.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as it will contribute to my success. PM me at @Mann1164.

Airport: KSEA (Seattle Tacoma International)
Time: 0200Z-0330Z
2024-01-31T02:00:00Z2024-01-31T03:30:00Z

Runway: 16L, 16R (Subject to change due to winds)

Tips: Try to do pattern work, transitions, and pushback conflicts.

Frequencies: Ground/Tower

Server: Training

3 Likes

I will try and make it! I will also send this to a few others and see if they can join!

Thanks I appreciate that.

1 Like

Ping me when you’re open.

i’ll be there

@VortexVolt @MatsVerhoelst @Mattchew_Bald I am open if you can join

1 Like

Hi I just opened on the expert server so not sure how long you were thinking of staying on for. I will try to make it though.

I’ll be on for about 30 more minutes

1 Like

ES-SAM

1st pattern:

• transition alt 3000ft ✅
  • When I asked you for touch & go, you placed me on right downwind and completely forgot about me. I don’t know how long I would have stayed if I hadn’t requested again.

Solve: It would be better to send a sequence for aircrafts heading to the same runway and then send a clearance to avoid forget about the aircraft (if you have only one aircraft heading to the runway: the clearance command only is enough)

• The clearance command was correct 100%. You sent “cleared for option after the option make right traffic.” ✅

2nd pattern:

• Waiting for the pilot to send a request is not necessary, you can send commands as long as you know what the pilot wants to do. In my case, after taking off again, I didn’t receive any clearance or sequence until I requested it myself (You can send the sequence and clearance to the aircraft after takeoff usually, commands are sent after the aircraft crosses the runway threshold)

• The clearance command was correct, but specifying the traffic direction is not necessary because you already gave me the traffic direction in the first pattern

3rd pattern:

• Dealing with the runway change is correct and good, 100%, as you placed me on right downwind for runway 16L according to traffic flow and aircraft position. Unfortunately, you always forget to send sequence and clearance for the aircraft. As I mentioned, it’s not necessary to wait for the pilot’s request as long as you know what commands need to be sent

4th pattern:

• It was not necessary to send “enter left downwind runway 16L” because I was already there. Send sequence or clearance is enough
  • Again, you sent a specific traffic direction despite you already sent the traffic direction in the new clearance for the runway change : sequence and/or clearance is enough

Good session, overall @Mann1164 . You overcame the most challenging problems a trainee might face. Now, it’s just a matter of overcoming these minor issues. I know you’ll got this!!

Here’s a video from our ATC manager explaining everything about patterns and what you’ll encounter in the tests during your journey to IFATC. I highly recommend watching it carefully, and you’ll be able to overcome all our tests

Let me know about the next session’s schedule, I’ll try to attend

1 Like

Sorry it’s too long of feedback !!

Thanks for your feedback

1 Like

My next session will be
2024-02-01T02:00:00Z2024-02-01T03:00:00Z

Airport: KPHX (Phoenix Sky Harbor International)
Time: 0200Z-0300Z

Runway: 7L,7R,8 (Subject to change due to winds)

1 Like

I’ll try to join

Thanks hope to see you there

I’ll be there 🫱🏽‍🫲🏾

I will see you there

@Playboii_Dray @VortexVolt @Mattchew_Bald @MatsVerhoelst @3Ssomy167 I’m opening a few minutes late if you can still join the session

1 Like

ES-SAM

1st pattern:

• You gave me a clearance for the option with a specified traffic direction, even though you already provided the traffic direction in the takeoff clearance

2nd pattern:

• No issues, everything is correct 100%

3rd pattern:

• It would have been better to direct me to left downwind for runway 8 when I requested a runway change. Since there was no traffic in that direction, it could prevent conflicts, and it’s closer for the pilot to reach the runway without confused with other aircraft

However, sending right downwind is also correct; it’s not a significant problem.

• The clearance was correct 100%

4th pattern:

• no issues

Additional

• Try to send the exit runway command when the aircraft has fully safely touched down. Sometimes we send this command when the aircraft’s speed is between 80-70 knots.

• You successfully overcame the issue of forgetting the aircraft. Well done @Mann1164 !

I’m glad to see your progress and improvements. I hope to see more people attending and doing patterns in the next session to see how you handle conflicts with multiple aircraft

Let me know when the next session gonna be; I’ll try to attend

1 Like

My next session will be
2024-02-02T02:30:00Z2024-02-02T03:30:00Z

Airport: KBOI (Boise International)
Time: 0230Z-0330Z

Runway: 10L,10R (Subject to change due to winds)

1 Like

@VortexVolt @MatsVerhoelst @3Ssomy167 @Mattchew_Bald @Playboii_Dray I will be open later today at KBOI if anyone can make it

1 Like