Mandatory IFC registration for use of the expert server only

And if on the rare occasion someone flying unrealistically bothers you that much, I think you are just too irritable.

What do you mean, it’s strict enough already…

I disagree I think we should have automated ATC instructions out the middle man you can argue with a computer but you wont win lol unless you programmed it…

1 Like

How would that even work, and how does that even relate to the original point you made

Sounds like a good idea, some good points but I don’t think it should be mandatory.

Some people may be too young and it gives more opportunity for other users to ‘track you down’.

I believe the only people that need to know who you are are the IFATC members whilst operating.

I’m sure users will join IFC if they need to. Maybe we can incorporate in the IF log on screen or during loading screen that users are encouraged to make an IFC account and that if they wish to appeal or contact a controller, the IFC is they way to go.

Cheers for your post and getting are brains 🧠 thinking.

Thankyou very much

How this can be helpful?

When a pilot get ghosted he can follow the link right to Controller’s IFC account and deal with investigation/complaint via PM. This system will prevent our forum from new unnecessary topics regarded to “Who was the controller at XXXX” or “I was ghosted…”.

3 Likes

No thank you, I can fly on expert just fine without having to fumble through endless what is your…posts. If I need to vote on something or check the development time line I will do so willingly, not because I’m required to do so.

3 Likes

Nope, it’s not the main topic of the thread. We are talking about some kind of insurance for Expert Server.

Your point that this will help educate new pilots makes no sense. How on earth would they benefit from being a member on this forum. The videos are enough, which is why there is a Grade system in place to allow pilots who have flown more than others and that are in good standing to access training and expert servers. If you are telling me people in grade 3 are incompetent, that’s insane.

If your putting words in my mouth and speaking for me … now that is insane I didnt mention grade 3…

MORE SHOULD BE DONE TO EDUCATE users

Ghosting them is not education

I rest my case

1 Like

This seems like a great idea.

I like the idea of everyone on expert has to have a IFC account.

Yes i know. Children, not allowed on community. Well. Thats their fault. They still have training and casual server.

I also do agree more education series has to be in order so that others can know what they are doing for when they go in more advanced servers.

If I had a spare vote, I would be voting :)

1 Like

I guess I can kind of see your point, especially when you consider that to control on Expert you need to be IFATC approved (I’m pretty sure).

As long as casual and training remain open to all I can’t see it dramatically effecting user uptake and longevity. But I do take the point about forced registration to a social platform.

In theory, it is a good idea, since people without IFC sometimes are not aware of ATC schedule, FNFs, events, and the enjoyable aspects of IFC.

However, again, it shouldn’t be required. First of all, forcing another step before reaching Expert, in this case a whole education about flying (After working hard to achieve grade 3) doesn’t sound too encouraging.

Secondly, having a ton of inactive accounts on the forum will not benefit the forum itself. People who come from expert to talk about their ghosting will maybe use their account once, and then just abandon it until their next ghosting.

And about educating users…when you fly on expert, controllers have a few seconds to decide what to do, especially when airports get busy. We may send a warning, but if people ignore them, we kinda have to ghost them, especially if they are going to create a conflict. In the report, there is always a reason as to why they were ghosted. If pilots want to discuss it, they can. If they realize and learn what they did wrong, they can wait and spend a few days off from Expert. Thus, we have a system of PMing controllers so that players can discuss with controllers that ghosted them and talk it through, maybe try to get it reversed, or just learn and try to improve. However, there are players that have never gotten a single ghost before. They may have not been on the forum, but they know how to operate within the simulator. Forcing an account on them that they may leave abandoned doesn’t necessarily seem too beneficial.

Even highly educated pilots that know all procedures, ATC usage, etc. will make mistakes, they will get ghosted from time to time. We learn through our mistakes.

Again, this is just an opinion, nothing to argue about. But I can see where you are coming from.

FYI You might want to have a look at this:

It goes through images on how an integration system might be implemented if the developers decided to make such a thing.

3 Likes

The problem I see is more users equals more unnecessary topics which we have our fair share off. Nice idea though!

Exactly just expert

I’m not even sure if this would be allowed.

Here are two quotes of the developer guidelines by Apple:

Apps must not force users to rate the app, review the app, download other apps, or other similar actions in order to access functionality, content, or use of the app.

Apps should allow a user to get what they’ve paid for without performing additional tasks, such as posting on social media, uploading contacts, checking in to the app a certain number of times, etc. Apps should not require users to rate the app, review the app, watch videos, download other apps, tap on advertisements, or take other similar actions in order to access functionality, content, use the app, or receive monetary or other compensation.

I think the idea isn’t bad, but to me it looks like it’s in violation of Apple guidelines. Therefore, I’m unsure if this could be implemented.

Source:
https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#payments

6 Likes

Thanks for that i didn’t realise , it’s something to consider I think

Too much friction for the user here (in addition to violating Apple’s terms). Forcing them to create a secondary account on a forum would be a huge turn-off and some people would simply abandon the sim altogether on principle. We would rather work on ways to improve server experience instead.

Thanks for the idea though!

17 Likes