Man Falls to His Death at San Francisco International Airport (SFO)(KSFO)

KSFO

San Francisco International Airport

What happened?

On Monday, May 21, 2018, at around 8:45 AM PDT (1545Z), a man fell to his death at San Francisco International Airport after falling from the mezzanine level in Terminal 3 down to the baggage claim level. He did not survive the fall. This was confirmed by SFO public information officer Doug Yakel.

The man was in his late 50s to early 60s at the time of his death at KSFO.

Passengers had to use different escalators and elevators in Terminal 3 as crews work to reopen this section.

The body had been removed by 12 P.M. PDT (1900Z)

The man’s name and information is yet to be released by airport authorities.

Where I got the information to make this topic:
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/05/21/man-at-san-francisco-international-airport-dies-after-falling-from-mezzanine.html

What do I think of this?

I feel like this was a suicide attempt since the area where he fell was near the escalators and there are railings to keep you from falling unless you fall on purpose. I feel like it’s really hard to “accidentally” fall, so the only viable option right now is suicide. Not much information has been released regarding the incident. This is a very sad topic as even though I like KSJC, I have no problem at all with KSFO in real life. My family and I use KSFO really often, so there has to be some point in our life that we passed by that area and will go by that area again in the future. All I can say right now is for that man to rest in peace. R.I.P.

What do you think of this?

I’m on my stress break right now, Mr. @Levet.

4 Likes

I didn’t hear of this! That is tragic especially at an airport. You never would expect it there. I feel that it was on purpose, but weirder things have happened.

gasp!!! what a horrible and horrific incident.

You spend your stress break by posting/discussing suicide? This is sad for multiple reasons!

Let’s not jump to theories whether this was a accident or suicide. Last thing we need is this thread becoming a mass chaos about how and why he fell down. Purposely or not. Don’t speculate to much about this man’s death rather wait for the final correct answers form the investigators themselves first before jumping into conclusions that may be false. Don’t spread false news, thanks 😊

My prayer and condolences goes out to his family. Very horrible, tragic and chocking to hear this 😞

1 Like

This has absolutely nothing to do with #real-world-aviation. It’s sad, yes. But not what this category is for.