Man arrested after climbing onto aircraft wing

Today a man at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport was arrested after he climbed onto the wing of an aircraft of an Alaska 737 which was bound for Portland. The man walked on the wing before holding on to the aircraft’s winglets. Eventually, he falls by what appears to have been a taser shot from the police and is handcuffed shortly after.

It is suggested that mental illness is the cause of this incident.

More information including videos can be found here:

What do you think of this incident? Should the man be charged or not? Write your thoughts below 👇.

27 Likes

Incident? I did that on all of my flights as well to check the wingtip

17 Likes

Lol why did he climb put on the wing, to get some fresh air?

5 Likes

I was already suspecting before this that there was an type of mental illness involved in this because he was told several times to stop and he refused. As for why he climbed out onto the wing , I really dont know about that.

3 Likes

Watched the video, that’s isn’t a taser shot, the coils don’t go for a couple feet.

I feel worsened for this person, they are probably going through some very bad things. I hope he can get the care he needs.

5 Likes

I read this earlier today. I’m not sure what to make of it. I hope he’s okay.

If anyone’s interested, I found a video showcasing the ATC and pilot communications during this. It was pretty interesting to watch.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this all over TikTok. I mean why would he try to climb the winglet? I mean why would even try to go out onto the wing in the first place but, why would he try to climb some thing that there’s no grip to and at a 90° angle up. However, that does give me some appreciation to how giant those 737 winglets are

7 Likes

I don’t know why the guy do that silly thing😂😂

2 Likes

I think he has a psychiatric illness for So he did this weird and terrified thing at the same time

2 Likes

I actually saw this last night on Barstool Sports on Instagram. Video of him falling off the wing pretty hard, ouch. Hopefully he ends up being all good.

3 Likes

How did he get onto the wing to begin with from the outside?

8 Likes

He ran across the airfield and met the plane while it was stopped holding short 8L. And just somehow climbed up 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

The guy should be arrested. And KLAS should beef up their parameter security😂 I still am dying to know what the he’ll is wrong with that guy and why he decided to jump the fence and climb on to the wing of a friken 737!!😂.

2 Likes

Add this to IF to make it more realistic. Would love to see it. Lmao I been laughing at the video watching him take off his shoes and try and get up the winglets

3 Likes

Really people

They need better Security 🤦‍♂️

2 Likes

he just wanted to get some fresh air

3 Likes

I’m thinking he hopped onto the engine getting a grip to the top before pulling himself up onto the wing

2 Likes

Very interesting stuff indeed…

Here is a Mentour pilot video on the subject (Which is where I first heard about the incident) definitely worth watching!

1 Like

not only should he be charged for endangering a aircraft and its passengers but he should banned from flying on the airline ever again.

4 Likes

People are crazy man

3 Likes