Malaysia Flight 370 Remembrance Flyout 080100ZMAR19
ABOUT THIS EVENT
This coming March will mark the fifth anniversary of one of aviation’s most tragic mysteries. Malaysia Flight 370. Flight 370 was a scheduled international passenger flight operated by Malaysia Airlines that disappeared on 8 March 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia, to its destination, Beijing Capital International Airport in China. The crew of the Boeing 777-200ER aircraft last communicated with air traffic control (ATC) around 38 minutes after takeoff when the flight was over the South China Sea. The aircraft was lost from ATC radar screens minutes later, but was tracked by military radar for another hour, deviating westwards from its planned flight path, crossing the Malay Peninsula and Andaman Sea. It left radar range 200 nautical miles (370 km) northwest of Penang Island in northwestern Malaysia. With all 227 passengers and 12 crew aboard presumed dead, the disappearance of Flight 370 was the deadliest incident involving a Boeing 777 and the deadliest incident of Malaysia Airlines’ history.
This event is dedicated to the passengers, crew and the families that lost their loved ones in this tragic event. Please join me in honoring them by finishing flight MH370 set out on.
I am sending a request to the amazing flight team at DynamX to do a flyover and perform a missing man fly by formation.
- Server : Expert
- Departure Airport : WMKK
- Departure Time : Saturday, March 9, 2019 1:00 AM
- Arrival Airport : ZBAA
- Aircraft : 777-200ER (B772)
- Livery : Malaysia Airlines
- Flight Time : 5:30
WMKK VKL PIBOS MATSU 431N/10239E GUNBO VKR IKUKO IGARI BITOD TSN 1056N/10711E BMT PCA BUNTA IKELA IDOSI CH BEKOL IDUMA SHL YIN BUBDA LIG DAPRO LKO HOK OBLIK ZHO WXI 3743N/11542E 3848N/11620E VYK 3960N/11637E PEK ZBAA
- Start with Terminal A in order from lowest to highest
- Terminal B Will follow in the same fasion
- Then Terminal C will follow Terminal B
- Pushback will also be coordinated in the group PM
- Climb to FL100 at 2500 FPM at 250 KIAS
- After Climb to FL280 at 2000 FPM at 310 KIAS
- Then climb to FL390 at 1000 FPM at M.84
- Maintain 10nm separation at all times
- Information will be posted the day of in the group message
While this event is designed to be flown to ZBAA in the B772 you may choose to fly anywhere you want. I ask that you maintain your livery and aircraft to the Malaysian Airlines fleet. If you choose to fly to an airfield other then ZBAA you will be responsible for your own route and fuel planning.
- Spawn at your gate assignment at a minimum of 15 minutes prior to pushback for preflight planning and photos
- Monitor Unicom once you spawn and please be professional and respectful. If you are not familiar with Unicom procedures please refer to this tutorial: Understanding Unicom by Mark Denton
- Runway in use will be announced the day of the event in an group private message here on IFC or unless IFATC is available.
REQUESTING A GATE
Please include the following information when requesting a gate:
- Gate request
- Airline (if other than Malaysia)
- Destination (if other than ZBAA)
More gates will be added as needed.