Major ATC and Aircraft Malfunctions

Hello everybody, I have never experienced this before but I had a serious breakdown in communication capabilities on the live server going into Cincinnati just a bit ago. I could not reply with a repeat of instructions to ATC and the only option was “UNABLE” so I used the word “Standby” as my improvise. I got it on recording and hopefully, I can get some insight. I also changed my name to something along the lines of “malfunction” When I landed I had no communication with either Tower nor Ground though I tried multiple times to contact them both. I cleared Cache in the middle of my flight, not sure if that would both anything.

What is recommended in situations like these? I thought approach was ignoring me at first.I will upload the video when it dowloads, it could be a few minutes.

2 Likes

The only thing you can do in such situations is to divert to another uncontrolled airport!! By doing this, you are not afraid being ghosted and interfering with other aircrafts

3 Likes

Did you try deleting IF and re-downloading it?

2 Likes

So you had a stable internet connection, am I right?

Should have diverted to your alternate or an uncontrolled airfield big enough for your aircraft to land.

Yes, I had a perfectly stable connection. Next time ill divert. Hopefully there is NO next time :).

Hello @Patria,

Would it be possible to see the recordings please if possible?

2 Likes

We would like the recording ,It will ensure a good understanding of what happened

1 Like

You can’t say unable to either Tower or Ground, unable is only used in approach comms. 🙂

2 Likes

Did you exit out of the app for few minutes? This can cause communication issues.

1 Like

Guesse I’m not the only one as I have seen a good four or five new threads with ATC issues. I was tuned into tower but it kept switching frequencies and there was no ability to reply. Anyway It haven’t happened so far since so I hope it gets fixed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.