Maintain vertical speed

When you assign an aircraft a new altitude to descend to on approach or departure, they often either: 1. Descend at -300 ft/min and will never hit the altitude you want them to, or 2. They dive bomb the ground at -6000 ft/min and cause traffic conflicts. For this reason, a VS command would be great, especially for center and approach, ex: maintain vs -1500 or greater.

13 Likes

I totally agree with you. Since this feature hasn’t been suggested befour I recommend you put this thread in the feature category. :)

3 Likes

It’s there choice really, if an aircraft was to follow proper protocol, he or she would be descending smoothly.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I know, but for some reason or another they often don’t. I expect aircraft to decend at at least -1500 ft/min for large altitude changes but it often doesn’t happen.

Well said. An expedite command would also help.

1 Like

I think around 1800 - 2000 is a good one. That’s whats mostly used IRL I think. And what I use in IF.

As Trissy said, an expidite command would work nicely.

Not only for climb and descent, also for heading changes/turns. But I can imagine the spam.

1 Like

2 Likes

That would be helpful.

3 Likes

An expedite command, as stated, would definitely narrow the gap between what is already perceived by everyone to be “speed/altitude at your discretion”. I think this is an excellent idea!

Also, (I don’t mean to “7500” this thread) can someone reply on whether LiveFlight is recording aircraft speed in “ground” or “indicated”? I know, such a simple question, right?..

2 Likes

Much appreciated. I will allow that post to live for the sake of some relevance to the topic.
Now, I make for a hastily retreat to my corner.

1 Like

I try to manage a weekly tutorial. As its coming into a new week… 🤔

As a feature, I totally support this. It would boost controllability for ATC over Pilots

3 Likes

Yes pleas! It is really hard As an app controller to say when someone must start with descending

So what should be the standard vertical speed when the ATC tells me to descent from, say, 3000ft to 2000ft?

1 Like

Try anywhere b/w 1000 to 2000

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.