MadMax How: Inverted Flight, An Aerobatic Maneuver (1st in a series)

MaxSez; Don’t try this in a Trash Hauler! Inverted Flight is accomplished by ensuring the aircraft is at a safe altitude, clear of other traffic, setup in a level stable flight condition and not within Controlled Airspace. Here’s How: By pulling back on the stick, the nose of the aircraft is pitched up to approximately 20 degrees nose-high and then rolled inverted. During the roll to inverted flight, it is important not to pull violently backwards on the stick (ie. a loaded roll) to ensure the nose does not get buried below the horizon. A proper entry results in an inverted nose-high attitude of approximately 15 degrees as the stick is gently, yet firmly, pushed forward to establish negative 1-G inverted flight. Reverse the procedure to recover. Good Luck!

7 Likes

YES. Keep these going pls.

1 Like

I’m assuming we don’t board passengers prior to this?

6 Likes

MaxSez: Good one Harry. Note my Rejoiner, Don’t do this in a “Trash Hauler”

1 Like

@IceBlue… MaxSez from the Response Ice it appears the peanuts are more interested in socializing and color coordination on airframes than aviator skills sets. What’s a old, bold Pilot to do… Maybe an aerobatic series is mot worth the time!

1 Like

I’ve seen the physics of this in a show called Outrageous Acts of Science the performance was so amazing, they got 1st place :) Anyway, nice way to further explain it Max :) It basically just switches the high and low pressure areas with that slight pitch adjustment 🤓

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.