Made a mistake? Lets hear it!

I think the most intimidating thing that we all think about is making a mistake while flying and that we have to be perfect every flight with everything. I found this video about how mistakes are more common than you think and even the top guns are bound to make a mistake from time to time. I think it would be really great for those who want to become pilots or for other users to know that even the real life pilots still make the occasional mistake. So if you have your PPL, CPL, ATP or any other official certification to fly let’s here about mistakes you have made in your time as a pilot, either while you were learning or fully certified.

For those curious about the video check below

19 Likes

Forgetting to remove the tiedown ropes 😂😅😬

10 Likes

Leaving the fuel dip stick on the engine covering after checking the fuel and forgetting to un-tie the tail tie down

10 Likes

My life. Enough said

22 Likes

LoL 😂 that is so funny. Specially the tie-down rope one Haha

2 Likes

Parking on Stand and then being informed by cabin crew the flaps are still down.

4 Likes

Forgetting to take the ‘Remove before flight’ covers off the pitot tubes.

5 Likes

The first flight lesson, I thought you push right rudder to turn left. I almost took the plane off the taxiway trying to make a left turn.

6 Likes

Fun Fact: My first actual lesson, I forget to untie the tail. Went full throttle trying to get the plane rolling. Luckily no one was on the ramp, but still very embarrassing Lol. Oh well, ya live and ya learn.

6 Likes

Forgot to put the gear up after 3 minutes in the air. Called gear up in a fixed gear aircraft. Don’t worry the instructor said it’s normal

4 Likes

MaxSez: 1st Check Ride in a C-117. PIC had me do the walk around. Forgot to remove the wind locks on the Rudder and Elivators! No check ride for me! ( I was 22 years old and green as grass. Little things will kill you, never forget)

6 Likes

My first ever Flight lesson me and my instructor were flying over a lake and he let me take over the controls. I was then to busy looking at the mega-massions to realize I took the plane a couple hundred feet out of our airspace for a second!

4 Likes

Forgeting to hook up the rope, while getting ready for takeoff in a glider.

5 Likes

Once when I was having a lesson, I was in the plane, it was started up, then my INSTRUCTOR forgot his personal headphones… Just thought that was funny!

does this count?
If not just tell me…

2 Likes

Actually, this reminds me of another funny story. Apparently, someone Renting one of the 152’s at my flight school, forgot to remove the Cowl Plugs, and fired up the Engine. 🤣🤣🤣 Im laughing about it, but the instructors and owner weren’t. But in all Seriousness, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU FORGET THAT!?!?!?!?!

This Picture was taken by my instructor after it happened. I also just used 096 yesterday under Foggles. It was awesome lol.

7 Likes

Forgetting what to say to ATC in busy airspace😳😩

1 Like

Forgot to close my flight plan once years ago. Nothing like getting a call at midnight asking if you’re okay!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.