Maddog (ish) Monday from a Foggy Day in Manhattan to a Clear Night Beneath the Gulf Moon

New York - LaGuardia to Fort Myers

So on Sunday morning I saw a Delta 717 on FR24 climbing out of New York bound for one of my favorite airports, Fort Myers (RSW). Just like the A380 last week, I really wanted to fly the 717. As you may know, the 717 was going to be named the MD-95, but McDonald Douglas merged with Boeing to create the 717. In IF this is a terrible plane, but I still had fun using it. This was by far the bumpiest flight I have ever flown with the 175 knot straight headwind flying south over the Eastern Seaboard. Flight time was 2 hours 43 minutes

Flight Details

KLGA - KRSW • LGA - RSW
New York - LaGuardia to Fort Myers
Delta 643
Boeing 717-200
2:43
@JulianB

And I know this may not be one of my best posts, but hopefully tomorrow’s post makes up for it

Lifting off of the runway as an American A321 sits at the gate The gear go up as we get ready to turn Southwest away from downtown New York City Flying back over the airport as climb out of LaGuardia The view of the biggest city in the United States we climb through 15,000 feet Cruising over my hometown of Doylestown, Pennsylvania with a view of Philly 25 miles away (yes, every flight from the NY area to Florida flies directly over my head and I’m definitely jealous in the winter)
After 2 hours over the east coast of the US and an awesome ground speed of 350 knots, the sun begins to set as fly over Gainesville and the University of Florida Flying just off the Tampa coast as we descend toward Fort Myers Turning toward the runway over the white sands of Sanibel Island Approaching runway 6 as we fight a 25 knot crosswind On the ground in Fort Myers, and you don’t need to see the moment of touchdown, just ask @Speedyyy

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I’ll see you guys tomorrow with Kona to Phoenix!

31 Likes

Very nice pictures! And yes we don’t talk about that landing haha.

4 Likes

As always, quality pictures.

#addthemd80

1 Like

Like always, just amazing.

1 Like

You weren’t going steep enough in the first picture.
#AddTheMD80

1 Like

Those wings look so different from today’s aircrafts, really an interesting view (and New York looking great below)!

My favourite outside view today! The old lady looking great!

1 Like

You get a gold star for having awesome photos, and for using the amazing 717! ⭐️

#AddTheMD80

1 Like

What app do you use? @NoahM Nice pics btw

1 Like

You know what I’m about to say right?

Amazing job!! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Great Job Clap-Clap

1 Like

Amazing like always! I love the second pic with the light bouncing off the fuselage as the gear comes up!

1 Like

Haha, you are only one of 2 other people to have seen the landing and we’ll keep it that way

1 Like

Thanks!

#addtheMD90

1 Like

Thanks, like always ;)

1 Like

The wings are so cool because of how different they are from every other plane!

1 Like

Thanks for the STAR ⭐️:)

#addtheMD-90

1 Like

To edit I

Use the IPhone generic editor
Use a free app called Snapseed
And edit again with the IPhone editor

1 Like

You know what I’m gonna say

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Thanks! That’s my favorite photo too :)