Maching Arrivals and Approaches

Sorry that this is my second topic for the day but it is concerning me a lot. So, how do you match your arrival route and your approach route?

1 Like

same question and also which one do u need to input first approach or arrival

2 Likes

I plug in my SID first, then arrival, then STAR. In game, the arrival routes tell you which runways they service. Cycling through the ones for my chosen runway usually does that trick.

3 Likes

Usually charts or flight planning software can help solve this, it’s hard to guess unfortunately.

Ok! I’ll try that

1 Like

is the approach necessary? or can u just do departure -> arrival and not put approach

1 Like

Especially in large airports, I use SimBrief or sky vector.

Yes, from my little experience some arrivals bring you straight in, but some that don’t approaches are required to vector you for say a ILS approach for a runway.

Approach is the STAR. If anything is not necessary it would be the arrival. I was confused by this at first too, but your FPL goes: Departure > Arrival > Approach.

1 Like

When I do that my flight plan goes via the airport. Do I need to connect the two points of something like that?

ooh i thought the STAR was arrival aight my bad

1 Like

Check out this section of the user guide:

1 Like

Here is how I make my custom FPLs:
Add departure airport > add a SID (departure) > add arrival > add STAR (approach) > add destination airport

1 Like

Thanks, but I already figured it out!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Do you add way points in the middle for your step climbing if needed?

1 Like

alright thank you!

1 Like

While step climbing is not available in game yet, I do step climb, but usually within my chosen route. I also add altitudes for my VNAV so that I can have a smoother descent to avoid overseending.

1 Like

In my other post in the General topic, step climbing is basically here now. You can go and set altitudes to your way points.

You were there too!

No, the aircraft won’t step climb for you I believe. VNAV at the moment only works with descent. It’s much harder for the game to climb, as this involves increasing speed to avoid stalling, etc.

1 Like