Lukla to Kathmandu in 10 replay screenshots

Please keep the seat belt on at all times on this one - it’s a bumpy ride!

The infamously “most dangerous airport in the world” is our departure point today as we make a small pleasure flight in Nepal as we re-open the now closed Kathmandu route, previously operated by Nepal Airlines, this time using the TBM.

We haven’t even started the single engined turbo prop up yet on the expert server and we are already at over 9,000 feet. Making use of every spare inch of runway, the plane was lined up. Release the brakes, start it rolling and throttle up! Lifting off just in time, we depart keeping it fully manual until at a safe clearing altitude of 18,000. We banked slightly left between the huge mountains and then right once clearing them as we continued on course for the small hop.

Just one other passenger today who paid a lot of money to rent the plane for this one flight and he’s eager to get some snaps to take home with him.

The flight? Short, bumpy, and a great fun approach into Kathmandu. No time to sit back and full concentration was needed at all times. A very mountainous area and even what looked like a large clearing at our destination was surrounded by mountains with a small amount of space to work with. Luckily, the TBM has some very strong flaps so we could keep good control of the speed and we lined up nicely with a bit of work.

We got our guy to his destination. He wants to hire me again to take him on the return route in the future and land him at Lukla. I said yes, but it might cost a little bit more. He said he’ll be in touch soon…

26 Likes

Great shots! The scenery is amazing!

1 Like

Lovely Shots!

1 Like

Show me everest

I don’t think Everest is around there…
I think it is up north of Lukla.
Anyway, great pics! 👍👌 Did you edit them, cause it seems like some were?

1 Like

Cheers mun - only a slight change to tone and contrast and a sharpen up here and there. No hard editing.

2 Likes

Okay. I thought some were.

Interesting choice of aircraft. I would much prefer the XCub though - Peace is one of the best feelings...

1 Like

The landscape is amazing!

1 Like

What was your flight time, looks like a route I want to try!

1 Like

It was under 25 mins I think but it depends on how much exploring and navigating of the area you want to do :-)

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the return flight!

I hope that guy will pay you enough so you’ll do it! 👍

2 Likes

Awesome shots man

1 Like

Cheers mun.

dope pics man!

1 Like

Thanks mun!

1 Like

I agree!
I have sum ting (get it lol) to say tho.

Next time, maybe recreate a VERRY famoose flight!!
Swiss 001 Airberlin 737 from Kathmandu to Lukla.
Very FamOoSE FliGht!

Amateur stuff, I can do a 747

Ha lol that might be challenging tho…
“I think its time to ro-ta-te…”
@Swiss 2019 lol

Absolutely stunning shots! Very well done, thanks for sharing!

1 Like