Luke_L’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED]@ N/A

Hello!

Hey IFC,
I want to sharpen my skills in ATC and hopefully become a member of IFATC! I would really appreciate it if you’re able to come to my airport and do some patterns, fly-ins, departures, just so I’m able to sharpen my skills and gain confidence controlling. Feedback would deeply be appreciated, so I’m able to improve my skills in areas in which needs improving.

All the best,

-Luke

3 Likes

Im coming :)

1 Like

Sorry for the wait Cheryl…

1 Like

No problem

I have music im taking my time

1 Like

Your controlling I would say is 6/10
It’s not terrible but you need more practice. Keep opening up! :)
Now I’ll start, first of all,
You OVER CONTROLLED I’m not a fish, When you tell me make right traffic to enter right downwind. And I know when I should turn base I’m the pilot and I’m also trying to workout when I should turn base.
And on my second T&G You made me make left traffic instead of right. This makes me interfere with an an additional runway instead of one. That was unnecessary. You also kept telling me to extend downwind, I’m not an xcub I’m not gonna turn instantly Im gonna wait a bit longer than turn, that was unnecessary. You also told Taipei to exit runway when able expedite, traffic on final. I was the next one to land, and I was still on downwind because you made me extend, only make them expedite if it’s busy or traffic is on final or base. And by the time you made ms turn base I was so far out I actually landed via the ILS. I should not have gone that far out. And when I was on final going 160 KIAS you said to maintain slowest practical speed. Im on final I’m aware of that, and I already am, I was gonna stall If I went any slower. And while I’m on the verge of that on a 10 mile final, no one is on the runway and you made them hold short. You could have told Taipei to just exit when able. And cleared Q-link for takeoff. When I finally land you made me exit right and expedite, forcing me to use an entrance to the runway rather than the Rapid exit on my left. And I also feel I was the only not cleared for immediate takeoff. That should only be used when an aircraft is on close final. You also cleared me and Taipei very late. You should clear for the option on downwind, or if late base. But Never Final.
You cleared me so late I already pit my gear up and was searching for missed approach.
You just need a bit more practice I recommend reading the public ATC manual.
So just remember:
Know when to expedite, and don’t over control, we aren’t fish.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I know I accidentally clicked on the final button with Taipei. That wasn’t the only mistake I picked up myself. Practice makes perfect I guess.
Thank you all for the feedback and thanks for coming!

YSSY Now Closed, Good Day

2 Likes

I think I got the transitions right so I’m quite happy :).

2 Likes

Indeed. Transitions were spot on, at least from my end. You can refer to @Cheryl_Tunt’s post for my feedback, as well as the message I sent you via PM. :)

I’ll come by to one of your next sessions to test you again!

2 Likes

I’m OPEN at YBBN!

Feel free to come on down and do some pattern work!

I’m coming!

1 Like

Yay! There was another guy here, but then he just went :(

I land in about an hour so if you open then ill join

1 Like

You saw nothing 👀

1 Like

Hahahaha, I didn’t see anything either 🤷‍♂️

Cool, Imma try find my house quickly then I’ll be back 😂

1 Like

Haha, ok 😂

I found it! hahah

1 Like

Haha, I forgot what the transition altitude is… I hope I got it right?

1 Like

Yeah you did… I need to fly around here more! I just love seeing things that I know on the ground from the air 😂

1 Like