Lufthansa to Return the 747 to US Service

I swear if they don’t configure there 747s to Cargo when they finish using them for Passenger, Then I will dump all the beer in Germany 😤

2 Likes

So uhh, I didn’t see anything in this topic saying “Lufthansa starting LAS 747 Service”.

Bad topic 0/10 jk

2 Likes

Happy 747 Noises

1 Like

Yup. The 747-8 seems to have been delayed to May 1, if that even sticks.

Between March 30 and April 30, FRA-ORD retains the A350-900.

1 Like

It looks like the LH430 is now being run on an A350-900, so the May 1st start date has been extended. I can’t seem to find when the LH B748 will start US Service again. Kayak just showed it on schedules to SFO, but then it was switched out for an A359. Also, LH is currently using the 747-8 to fly to Mexico City, so hopefully that means the US Service isn’t far behind.

2 Likes

FRA-ORD is set to be on the 747-8 starting June 1.

I assume the June schedule should be finalized by now, but there could still be changes.

1 Like

So it looks like they delayed it by one month then.

YESSSS ITS FINALLY RETURNING!!! I only got to see this beast twice at ORD before they swapped with the A350, hopefully this means a few other airlines will return regular service to ORD.

1 Like

Everything still subject to change unfortunately, as the A350s (+crews) are available if required as far as I am aware.
With the well proceeding vaccination campaign in the US and a proposed opening to vaccinated travellers from outside the EU in the coming months it might still happen hopefully!

2 Likes

I remember when Lufthansa would operate the 747-400 into Newark, then they upgraded to the -8i. Since the pandemic they opted to use the A330, occasionally an A340-300, for the Frankfurt route. Hopefully the Queen will rule the skies once more.

1 Like

I as a Munich citizen refuse to rent my dear A350s to Frankfurt though 😏

2 Likes

😂, as someone living closer to Frankfurt I tend to disagree…
Both fantastic airports though and a pleasure to have the A350s around!

Also currently all A350 flights are operated out of MUC crew-wise anyways, as only the crew there is trained on the type :)

1 Like