Lucason60fps’s Official ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Enter Straight in should only be used when you are heading straight in towards the runway.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Ill keep that in mind.

1 Like

Awesome, just follow the same principles throughout every airport and you’ll be set!

Any questions, let me know!

Ok I will thank you

1 Like

Hello I was N17EE today here’s your feedback for today. Also I apologize for this response / sloppy one as I had some business I needed to attend to afterwards,

#1 - First when I requested my transition I should of been given 3,000 because 2,500 + airport elevation rounded up would be 3,000 feet.

#2 - It’s when I called inbound I should of received my sequencing and clearance. Since when I was still transitioning through your airspace.

#3 - When you did sequence and clear me I didn’t receive an " after the option make left or right traffic. This is needed since I’m doing touch and goes.

#4 - Frequency change and departure to the east was alright.

Summary I would advise you look at the ATC Manual Section 3.4 Pattern Work / Transitions / Flight of XX to help clear some of theses up for you. IFATC is just around the corner just keep practicing with your sessions and you’ll do fine. And the traffic pattern outline @Kyle has put in the thread aswell is an great resource aswell.

2 Likes

Another great resource would be Tyler’s tutorial, I learned through this myself months and months back. I watched it many times but it will give the great guidance!

You can also get professional training from one of our awesome trainers in IFATC! You can look at the ATC Recruiting topic and go from there. Make sure you meet the requirements & have fun. You can find the topic here.

1 Like

Thank you guys very much

2 Likes

No problem 😉

@Luke_B full stop I need to do something after

k, imma continue and just use unicom lol i need to grind landings for grade 4

Ok lol ill be back after

Hey there! You did good, just a few mistakes to work on.

• The transition altitude should’ve been 3,000 feet not 1,000 feet. The formula to solve transition altitude is this Airport’s Altitude + 1,500 feet + 1,000 feet = Your altitude for the transition . So in that case, KBDL’s airport altitude is about 171 ft so I’d add that and add 1,500 feet + 1,000 feet, I’d get 2,500 feet. But then, I’m not done. I have to round UP to the nearest 500. Then you get 3,000 feet. Which is your transition altitude.

• You forgot to give me a pattern entry when I called inbound for touch and go and for the runway change I requested. Whenever someone calls inbound or for a runway change. You must ALWAYS give them a pattern entry.

See this here for more info about pattern entry’s

• There was no need for the enter right downwind command after I finished my touch & go. Just let the person fly the pattern and you give them the commands that your supposed to give.

• Only use after the option, make left/right traffic when someone is starting to fly some patterns. Or if someone request a runway change. So an example is let’s say I’m flying patterns at an airport on runway 22. And I want to switch to runway 15. So, you would first give me a pattern entry for runway 15. Next, you would give me what aircraft I’m following (If there’s traffic going to land on that runway.) If I’m the only one for that runway. You can just give me number 1. Next you would select cleared for the option. And then you’ll see after the option make left or right traffic. So then it’s your choice to either give me left or right traffic.

• You completely forgot to give me an exit runway command. Exit runway commands for commercial aircraft (example A320’s B737’s) should be given in between 70 knots and 40 knots. If it’s a general aviation aircraft (example TBM 930, C172’s) give them the exit runway command below 40 knots. If your late with the exit runway command below that speed. Don’t worry. Your ok, still give them the command. But if there on the taxiway, plus crossed the hold short line. Just give them to contact ground or Unicom.

See here for more details

• Not sure why you gave the C-130 give way to Aircraft ahead when I was still going straight on the taxiway. That command was unnecessary.

Thanks,
Mason

4 Likes

I am back and opening KBDL

1 Like

@Lucasaviation Can you please update your topics title to “CLOSED” as you are currently not open.

Thanks! :)

I can help out with that, hope the session went well! ;)

1 Like

I’ll be open later though

And it did thanks!

Hey @Lucasaviation are you going to open up tonight? if so i’ll head over

I’ll be atc at lax but I’m not continuing this thread. But we could do something rn if u want

I’ll head over there