LRPD Helicopter Crash.

At approximately 11 am CST, a helicopter with the Little Rock Police Department Aviation Unit crashed after a maintenance flight. According to LT. Micheal Floyd, with the LRPD, there were two people on board the aircraft. They Helicopter was coming in for landing when it was hit by a straight line wind. The pilot a retired LRPD officer was seriously injured and was taken to an area hospital while the other officer was uninjured.

Article: https://www.thv11.com/article/news/local/little-rock/little-rock-police-on-scene-of-lrpd-helicopter-crash/91-584786670

Pictureshelo%201 helo%202

9 Likes

I hope the two people onboard get well 🙏🏾

3 Likes

Wow! Another incident. This is so sad. At least the cabin/seats still look good, and weren’t crushed! My thoughts and condolences to the victims.

1 Like

They weren’t killed; one was seriously injured while one walked away unscathed

3 Likes

Yep, I fixed it. Sorry

@anon93248082

Wow… The pictures look horrible

4 Likes

1 seriously injured, one uninjured

1 Like

I agree! They are very fortunate

Let’s hope they both come out okay!

Ouch! Glad everyone is okay!
It’ll be interesting see what the report will say

2 Likes

It happened again. Maybe will see a change in procedures and regulations for helicopters! Now I see what @anon93248082 was talking about! Helicopter accidents sadly seem to be slowly increasing!

It will - If the reports starting off is right about wind I don’t think we’ll see any changes. With it being a Jet Bell I kinda have my suspicious on cause it but we shall see

1 Like

Condolences to the pilot.

no deaths at this time. just one serious injury

1 Like

People don’t want to see more regulations for their career or sport/hobby

2 Likes

People also don’t want their lives to end in tragedy!

I certainly don’t mind more regulations. I find most to be incredibly beneficial, and they are usually implemented individually to correct and unsafe issue. If more regulation is needed, bring it on in the same manner which it has been brought on before.

Typically all the regs that come out are due to accidents/incidents. So we shall see

3 Likes

Absolutely I certainly don’t want more regulations.

Thats two aircraft crashes in 48 hours! jeez!

My thoughts are with the victims of this horrific crash