LPPT, in an airport security eyes

As my job is directly related with aviation, here’s the Aerodrome Info screen. As this is new in the place, I thought cool share it with you. :D

This place’s name is Cais norte (North Dock), it’s main and the only entrance for the Terminal 1 supplies, since the McDonald’s burgers till the Duty-free fragances!

PS: That photo was taken yesterday

49 Likes

Ah that’s so cool! i’ll try to check it out early January i’ll be at Lisboa for an hour.

2 Likes

Feel free to call me if you see me around!!! :D

1 Like

Oh that’s really cool! Can the public see it or is it just for employees?

P.S. How come the screen says 2019-09-25 on it? lol

2 Likes

Only the employees but not all of them! There are only 2 of this in the entire terminal, that one and another in Canal Charlie (Door Charlie), where crew flying to Schengen area go by, excluding: TAP Air Portugal crew, they have their own terminal.

PS: That thing is always outdated lol, you can only confirm the date by METAR or other information in NOTAM

1 Like

This is the gate 116, equivalent to the gate 16A inside the terminal 1, inside Schengen Area (Zone S)

The airliners we usually have here are KLM, Vueling, Iberia and TAP. The KLM 737/8 must be here soon! :D
Who’s parking here today in IF?

6 Likes

He didn’t show up yesterday as I was expecting but he’s here today! Didn’t get closer because is raining and handlers are working.

Just arrived from Schipol! A KLM B737!!!

4 Likes

This is really cool. Thank you for sharing the behind-the-scenes with us!

3 Likes

I love seeing these behind the scenes topics from airport employees. Thank you for sharing all of this with us!

1 Like

I love sharing this with avgeeks! And even If I wasn’t able to be here, I would like to have someone sharing this with me. And we all have fun with it!!! :D

2 Likes

My pleasure @NathanD :D

1 Like

Today was a different work day for me, I’ve worked directly for TAAG Angola Airlines, so I had to go to an area I don’t go too often. It name’s Não Schengen (No Schengen). All flights outside Schengen Area (UK, Ireland and all other continents including some European located countries).
And why do I love No Schengen Aerea? The airplanes!!! All the giants are here and today I got three of them and a good scenario at the end

Airbus A339 of TAP Air Portugal, it name’s D. João II “O principe perfeito” (the perfect prince). It is the first A330neo to fly and he has got Brasil as it Destination today

Bartolomeu Perestrelo is it name! At this moment, flight crew were briefing about the flight (I guess) and it has Brasil as it destination as well

In this declaration, I took note of all passengers who had to leave their baggage and transfer the baggage to the cargo. Depending on the class they were travelling on, they only could take 2 pieces per person. And here are (in code) the people who had to leave them.

The B77W of TAAG Angola Airlines and a fresh pushback A320 of TAP Air Portugal

4 Likes

One year has passed since the last time I worked at day time and now, here I am!
15 minutes left until I start working so why not walk around and spot some planes?
I was walking around the boarding gates and spotted that “easy” view!!!

6 Likes

After a long time, I’ve found my portuguese blue friend! His name’s Corvo and he’s dressed with Sata/Azores Airlines colors… colors that somehow, doesn’t exist in IF.

7 Likes

That’s pretty cool @flybarroso
I didnt read your thread until now but wanted to say my thanks for sharing.
Sata/Azores Airlines with the blue stripe, is that the livery or is an one off livery design?
Dont recall coming across a design like the one above.
Hopefully the aviation industry will get back on its feet in the months ahead. It’s going to be an interesting period.
Btw, it’s really reminiscent to see TAAG - in Lisbon Airport. A few years back on my trips to Africa, did a few flights with them on the 777 and Lisbon is one of my favourite cities in Europe. Maybe I’ll pay a visit this summer? Wouldn’t mind😊

1 Like

I mean… that blue stripe it’s actually a bird! 😀
Receiving you in my homeland, it would be a pleasure!!! 😁

Careful with what you share… Always be aware if it is a sensitive information 📄 ℹ️

1 Like

Sure thing! More than anyone, I know what data can I or not share!!! But thanks for remiding me that!!! 😁

1 Like

A few days ago I was flying ✈️ to LAD I saw you coming from LPPT, the thing is you never landed 😂😂😂😂

I probably felt asleep 😅, but I woke up and landed!

1 Like