Low Visibility Airports

Hello,

Happy New Year everyone.

I was just wondering if you know any airport that have low visibility because I keep flying and everyone talks about their low visibility approaches and I have never encountered an airport with low visibility and I would surely love to try some so if you could leave some airports in the comments I would surely love to try them. :)

Thanks

Hello!

LYBE had Cat.III Landing requirements Due to thick fog mixed with smog yesterday, but now it’s a bit better. (In real life and in-game too)

You can always go In solo and decrease the visibility to practice too!

1 Like

It’s been quite foggy (or should I say, smoggy) around VIDP. I’ve only found this to be the case once you touch down or takeoff.

1 Like

VIDP is normally always foggy.

1 Like

Thank you, I will definitely try VIDP out then

thank you I will try this out! Where is LYBE located? Is it able to fit heavy jets?

1 Like

Is is normally yes, but with the gate issue it can’t :(

1 Like

Lately all North America airports have very low visibility. I had to do a go around in the Cessna yesterday because of low visibility at Leesburg Executive Airport (KJYO) yesterday.

1 Like

Hi,
Try to look for airports with a red dot marker on them, the link to the post below explains a lot about this.

1 Like

Thanks a lot

DNKN seems to be one of the airports with the lowest visibility right now, but follow the advice linked above by @Husam_Baobaid and read the METARs and you’ll be able to find airports yourself too!

Also please be aware that there is a known rendering issue with fog at times and it might not appear during the whole approach or at all before landing.

1 Like

ok, thank you!

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Traditionally, British airports and airports near mountain ranges are foggy in the morning and thus have lower visibility, but as of now KIAD, KDCA and KPHL seem to have visibility under 1SM. Take note though, fog can clear up or gather quite quickly, so these foggy conditions might not last for long.

1 Like

Alright I’ll try it out thanks!

Check this website: https://www.badbadweather.com/minimum-visibility-world/
There‘s a list of airports with bad visibility or other bad weather conditions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.