Low power mode problem

Hi,

From last 1 week during my long haul flights, the low power mode is not working. I guess it is not able to connect with the flight and it is not turning on. I used 772 aircraft and low power mode of my iPad was not on.
I have tried several times to turn it off and on.
Please help !

1 Like

Low power mode in IF will only be on should you not touch your screen for a while. It’s main purpose is to save stress on your CPU and decrease your battery draining rate by lowering the frame rate while you’re away. Once you touch your screen, lower power mode turns back off. Just make sure the box is checked in settings, and your device should adjust it accordingly.

1 Like

Also have to make sure ALT, SPD and HDG are on; otherwise low power mode won’t turn on.

1 Like

I always do overnight flight and hence the screen is idle all the time. But when I get up in the morning, the battery is drained a lot even if the iPad is on charging.

1 Like

AP is on throughout the flight and:

1 Like

What model iPad do you have?

1 Like

iPad air 2 2017

1 Like

The iPad Air 2 is quite an old device at this point, having been around since 2014. I’m not too surprised that it’s having some charging issues, especially when you have something demanding like IF running at the same time. I’d say it’s more of an issue with your device and it’s age, than IF itself. None of my devices have any issues like the ones you’ve mentioned.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.