Louisville Int'l Airport Plane Spotting Location

I love plane spotting and the closest airport is Louisville Int’l Airport (SDF). I don’t want to drive 2 hrs to Indianapolis or Cincinnati. If you spot here do you know any good places to spot there? The best I found is the cell phone lot, but I’m sure theirs better. Please tell me if you do/have found a better spot.

http://flightlineaviationmedia.com/planespotting/locations/louisville/

Might help you :) I don’t live there so I have no idea.

Isn’t Louisville mostly UPS, and then small regional jets from American, United, and Delta?

Live in Kentucky?

No, I just know the only thing that makes Louisville “International” is UPS. With out them, it’s just another one of those CRJ, ERJ airports.

1 Like

Yeah, not much action unless you go at the right time. I get excited when we get a “big” 737 from someone other than Soithwest Airlines. At the Kentucky Derby we are actually very busy at the airport. Around Christmas 747s are coming in hourly in the day (most 747s usually come in at night).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Not much passenger or civilian. UPS is big here though. A few KY Air National Guard C130s are based here too. Delta and SWA are the biggest commercial passenger airlines here.

1 Like

1 Like

Kind of, it used to be one of their biggest hubs but a few years back they cut half their flights and did it again 1 or 2 more times. CVG is basically a ghost town. There is one or two abandon terminals along with 1 or 2 abandoned concourses that Delta used to operate from. They still are medium there with some international flights but not near the size they used to be there.