LOT polish's name

As I know a little bit of polish, I know that the word “LOT” means “FLIGHT” in polish. So LOT polish airways is actually FLIGHT polish airways. Wierd isn’t it?

1 Like

not really

LOT stands for something I think…

Look at this:

Answering questions is my job (not actually)

Not for me…Copa means “Compañía Panameña de Aviación”. The Spanish word “copa” in English is “cup”. And both cases doesn’t really bother me.

4 Likes

Actually, it does mean flight. There is no other meaning for it.

3 Likes

Good to know polish when flying the FLIGHT 787 XD

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I thought because they where located in Monroe, Louisiana and the city was located in the Mississippi River delta.

1 Like

No, LOT does mean flight, but the name is short for some long thing, which is abreviated to LOT. (Most likely on purpose)

It stands for Polskie Linie Lotnicze.

3 Likes

Delta or In Greek Δ is the fourth letter in the Greek alphabet.

I think @Damian is interested in LOT so he might be able to provide info.

If I tagged the wrong person (there’s someone around here who loves LOT), sorry

1 Like

Aeroflot has translation like AirFleet Aero=Air and Flot=Fleet

1 Like

Luft in German means Air and Hansa’s definition is “a league originally constituted of merchants of various free German cities dealing abroad in the medieval period and later of the cities themselves and organized to secure greater safety and privileges in trading” source Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Right person :)

The Polish name for it is “Polskie Linie Lotniczne” which was found on the older livery, now it’s just in English which essentially translates to Polish Airlines. LOT is derived from “lotniczne.” But yes, LOT alone means flight.

I believe the older callsign used to be “Pollot” hence “POLskie linie LOTniczne.”

2 Likes

I kind of like that 767 in the old livery, but nice explanation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.