LOT/Malaysian Hybrid Livery DC-10

This livery is very interesting and with the DC/MD coming it is a cool livery to have with the MD11.

Photo credit here.

Plane Info

9M-MAT was delivered to Malaysian Airlines in September 1977, it turns 40 on the 21st actually!

It was leased to LOT Polish Airlines in June 1994 and the lease lasted until 1996, when it was sold to Northwest Airlines and re-registered as N233NW. It was stored at Opa Locka in June 2006 and scrapped in January 2007.

It is powered by 3 GE CF6-50C2.

I LOVE HYBRID LIVERIES!!! Sadly I’m out of votes

3 Likes

Do you have any more interesting notes about the livery to add to your request. It’s cool and I think we need it just seems too bland. Spice it up a bit ;)

4 Likes

I think thats a DC-10, not MD-11. If I recall, LOT leased DC-10s from Finnair and Malaysia Airlines to supplement their Atlantic fleet whilst waiting for their 767s to be delivered! I love LOT, so this addition is welcomed!

4 Likes

Honestly, I’ve never really cared for hybrid liveries. This kinds ruins LOT’s beautiful livery:-/

2 Likes

You need to add a photo credit as well. The base of the photo has a copyright watermark on it.

2 Likes

If you add some info on the DC-10 and then some info on the livery… Then maybe ill vote :P

1 Like

Would love a “LOT” more of these planes

I’ll leave, sorry

3 Likes

Don’t leave bud. Accept the guidance and improve, this shows resilience and dedication. Stay and enjoy

2 Likes

Wrong person… Your speaking to the one with the pun :P

1 Like

@Levet your wishes are my demand

Hybrid liveries are my absolute favorite!! I made a topic but it got closed :(

1 Like

That is a really cool plane. But one problem…

Your pretty much asking for a plane that doesn’t exist…

This has my vote!!!

1 Like

What about the 747-200s?

1 Like

Aren’t they all existent?

1 Like

Some were scrapped I think.

2 Likes

Well as I am too lazy to go and check the regs for all of them, I think it’s better to stop. But I know at least the Iran Air one is still existent.

1 Like

That isn’t a valid point. We have the 747-200 and almost every, if not every, plane have been scrapped.

1 Like

Md 11 or dc 10 (can’t remember now) also had klm/northwest airlines and transaero/american airlines hybrid liveries

1 Like