LOT Boeing 767-300ER (SP-LPC)

This is a wonderful plane deserving to be put into Infinite Flight. This plane has been retired and replaced by the 787 (which I hope to see as well in IF). But it’s one of LOT’s well known aircraft and it has the Polish coat of arms on the front.

It is very symbolic for two reasons. First, it signifies Poland’s transition from communism by adopting a western fleet. This helped Poland transition to a market economy and changed LOT form a state airline to a European Airline.

Second, SP-LPC, was the aircraft involved in the successful emergency landing leaving everyone on board perfectly unscathed. This was one of the best landings in aviation history.

12 Likes

Did it fly again?

They ended up scrapping her. Their 767s were about to get replaced by the 787 anyway so I don’t think it harmed the airline in anyway. They did bring some 767s back into service temporarily when Boeing had the battery issue with their 787

4 Likes

Is this a feature request? If so, it belongs in #features.

Already did…

When I posted that you hadn’t moved it yet 😂

1 Like

LOL I promise I changed it like 2 minutes before you posted your comment. Maybe the system is a bit slow.

1 Like

So players on live can land just like this on multiplayer lol good livery tho

1 Like

As a regular you have the power to move topics, you don’t need to announce it ;). If your unsure about moving the topic than just leave it.

I think if Infinite Flight did a rework of the 767 I would gladly put my hand up for this livery! :)

1 Like

The best landing has to be the US Airways Flight 1549 ;)

2 Likes

We need more 767 liverys

1 Like

It was the Hudson river right the pilot did a great move.

@B767fan here’s another one you might like

2 Likes

quote=“Damian, post:3, topic:36106, full:true”]
They ended up scrapping her. Their 767s were about to get replaced by the 787 anyway so I don’t think it harmed the airline in anyway. They did bring some 767s back into service temporarily when Boeing had the battery issue with

Were they able to determine why the gear would not lower into place?

1 Like

Loss of hydraulic fluid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOT_Polish_Airlines_Flight_16

1 Like

Thank You!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.