Lost two massive flights thanks to IF freezing

The new IF update is great, but it keeps freezing on huge flights. Did a KEWR to WSSS long haul and the app glitched and quit after 18 hours. Next, did the Island Hopper Route IN FULL from PHNL to PGUM and the app quit as I clicked end flight. Between these two flights, I got no credit for 28 hours of flight and 7 landings. WTF! ![IMG_2189.PNG|277x600](upload:

//4EkOYkQZ2yiSOBubQvd6LEyuIS0.jpeg)

I believe this should be in support. Also, I’ve had a similar problem. Turns out, infinite flight will quit if too many background apps are open or if you leave the app too many times.

what device do you use to fly in Infinite Flight?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Just to clarify, I had no other apps open, started with the iPad freshly restarted, and cleared my cache after each flight. Didn’t leave the app once during the flight. This is a new iPad (6th gen) and never had issues prior to this update.

hmm, I would wait until a mod helps you because I’m not sure.

From the #support FAQ:

If you are experiencing these crashes, make sure you reduce the following settings:

• Texture Resolution: Low
  • Anti Aliasing: Off
  • Live Aircraft Count: Low to None, None especially on Final.
  • Rendering resolution: Low

This will in addition to what’s already been mentioned, lower the chance of experiencing any crashes.

Of course we are working hard to find a way to resolve it, but please try the steps above in the mean time.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I find it hard to believe my hardware would already be outdated and require such low settings, especially because this was never the case before the latest update. Seems like some coding issue to me. Extremely frustrating!

1 Like

No, but if you were to read the Support FAQ you’d see that we currently have an issue with this :)

I understand the frustration though, i do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.