Lost gates at airports

Do you have any timeline when you will restore the many gates at many airports in the previous update? A lot of the airports that used to support larger aircraft like the 777 no longer do. Buffalo, Rochester, Omaha, etc. It’s frustrating because I’ve lost a lot of potential spawning spots. Thank you

1 Like

The airport editing team is aware of the issue. It has been said that it will not be pushed in the next navigation update, but hopefully soon after that. Below is a topic that might further explain.

2 Likes

Why are you asking this again? Two weeks ago you said this in the Newest Airport and Navigation update, and now you still ask, yet you’ve been told countless times this issue is being investigated by the staff team?

1 Like

When they released the update with the A350 and c172, they also said they were going to use stricter gate restrictions. That is why many spots are no longer available. You can read what the update included on the App Store.

At KORD, the 747-8 parks at the northeast cargo apron, as silk way, cargolux, etc. I used to be able to park there with the 747-8, but now it’s too small for that spot. The only place you can park is gate M11a or One of the remote stands. I know Infinite flight was going for stricter gate size restrictions in the new update, but maybe the restrictions are too strict.

Infinte Flight is trying to be realistic, so if a 747 doesn’t depart from that airport then the IFAET likely don’t have a spot to spawn a 747.

1 Like

Yes I must agree as part of the IFAE I get a lot of PMs about gate restrictions and it’s like IF has gone one step forward (implementing gate restrictions initially) and two steps back (“making it more realistic by restricting more aircraft”) to the point where whole airports are unusable as the primary aircraft can’t fly there. For example, they implemented the restrictions so Cessna 172 can’t spawn at YSSY and then they “made it more realistic” by not allowing C-130s to spawn at YSRI which is where the C-130s and 38th squadron operate from.

1 Like