Loss of Engine power

Loss of Engine power - Throttle wouldn’t exceed 50%N1

Earlier today, whilst performing a flight out of JFK in a 777-300, (KLM 901 Heavy) I experienced some difficulties with the throttle.

I managed to successfully climb out to FL340 before starting to experience difficulties powering up. As I would bring the throttle up it wouldn’t quite get the N1 to spool up beyond 50%… I subsequently entered a hold over TAAPS, did some experimenting and managed to get power back.

I diverted back into JFK and landed with no further issues.

Has anyone else experienced any similar issues?

Device Specs

IOS, iPad Pro 9.7, full updated software and IF

5 Likes

Stay within the region boundaries.

1 Like

See my flight tracker…

It’s normal at high altitudes. You need to be going fast for you not to stall. It’s realistic.

I have this problem while taking off with the 77W and the 787-9. I’m not sure what causes it, it’s really weird

Hi Mate, No, this wasn’t that, this was something else. It seemed more like a fault. I fly high altitude and this route a lot, this isn’t something I’ve experienced before. :)

2 Likes

It’s just the altitude. If you’re at M .75 there’s gonna be no problem.

1 Like

You said you recovered power when descending, that’s why.

1 Like

I was at around 260kts.

That’s the problem go faster before climbing that high.

4 Likes

Im not satisfied thats the issue here mate, I think its an issue with my iPad. I have just tested this and you can quite easily fly at 260kts at FL340

Here I’m at FL340, 260kts with a ground speed of 431kts and N1 of 61%

During my original post, I could drag the throttle to 100%, but N1 would only show 50%

1 Like

Is it because you have autopilot engaged?

Maybe, you may know more. But throttle at 100% should still show a higher N1 than 50% :)

1 Like

All your speeds seem fine.

If you look at your Mach speed, you can see that it is at 0.80, which is what your A/P is set to. So you are actually doing the correct speed.

1 Like

Sorry, I totally misread your post. I thought you were saying that you could not move the throttle. Forget what I said before.

That was an example to show you can do 260kts at FL340, that was not my flight. In my flight, when I manually set the throttle to 100% N1 only showed at 50% and I didn’t get full throttle power from the engines.

Can you reproduce the issue? Hard to replicate an issue when there’s no steps.

1 Like

This randomly happens to me, mainly when using the replay mode, never happened in live though.

Oh I see, that is weird…